ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizenship application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Banting
Newly Registered
Mood:
Philippines

Online Application Employment Dates and Previous UK Application

Post by Banting » Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:19 am

Hello guys,

I received my ILR on 2010 through my parents (dependant, dad is British). My mom and I applied for a Naturalisation on 2011 but got refused because of mishandling by a solicitor (I was young back then and lost in the world of England). SO here I am, got to the point of wanting to try again after so many years.

I am currently doing my application online and I am a little worried I might give wrong information on two specific parts.

First part - is the date of my first employment. I cannot remember the exact start and leave date of my first employment. The company is not operational anymore and I lost my p45. I can only provide estimated dates for this employment. Would this greatly affect my application?

Second part - is the question "Have you made any previous UK immigration applications in the UK or abroad?". As for this part, do I put the dates (I only remember the year) of my ILR application and the unsuccessful Naturalisation application?

I appreciate for taking your time to read this. Thank you for the future responses.

aman90
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: Online Application Employment Dates and Previous UK Application

Post by aman90 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:41 am

Banting wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:19 am

First part - is the date of my first employment. I cannot remember the exact start and leave date of my first employment. The company is not operational anymore and I lost my p45. I can only provide estimated dates for this employment. Would this greatly affect my application?

Second part - is the question "Have you made any previous UK immigration applications in the UK or abroad?". As for this part, do I put the dates (I only remember the year) of my ILR application and the unsuccessful Naturalisation application?
What was the reason for refusal apart from the mishandling by solicitor?

1. As close as possible should suffice. Or ask HMRC- which would take time.
2. It does say “if known”. Year is fine as well.
ALL immigration applications.. doesn’t matter if refused or approved.

I wouldn’t think a naturalisation application is considered an immigration application as one is free from immigration control after ILR. But whatever- Ho holds all ur info so might as well mention it.

Banting
Newly Registered
Mood:
Philippines

Re: Online Application Employment Dates and Previous UK Application

Post by Banting » Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:50 am

The full details were not actually mentioned to me at that time but as far as I remember it was because of the form that I applied with? It was a wrong form and HO tried contacting the solicitor and never responded so they dropped the application. It was too late when we found out.

That's all I can remember.

Banting
Newly Registered
Mood:
Philippines

British Citizenship application

Post by Banting » Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:29 pm

Hello guys,

I was refused on my first try of naturalisation back in 2011 and I'd like to apply again.

Do I have to put the naturalisation application although it was refused on my new application? It's going to be in the part of "Have you made any previous UK immigration applications in the UK or abroad?" Yes or No?

Other than that I have never made any. I do have ILR though.

Thank you.