ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Query over time frames for applying for ILR

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Brit Chick

Query over time frames for applying for ILR

Post by Brit Chick » Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:52 pm

Apologies if this is a repetitive question but I am rather confused about the following:

My husband is in the UK on a two year spouse visa issued from Islamabad, this was issued on 10/11/06 and expires on 10/11/08. However he didn't enter the UK until 22/11/06.

When is the soonest he can apply for ILR? We need to apply in person as he needs his passport back and I'd like to know how ahead of time I can book the appointment to make sure I get an appointment on soonest date possible.

Thanks.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:58 pm

My husband is in the UK on a two year spouse visa issued from Islamabad, this was issued on 10/11/06 and expires on 10/11/08. However he didn't enter the UK until 22/11/06.
The earliest date is 28 days before the 2nd anniversary of him entering the UK = 25.10.08 .... but as that is a Saturday the earliest date is Monday 27.10.08 ... and the latest date is the date of expiry of the current visa = Monday 10.11.08.

Not too sure when you can phone for an appointment. I would say you should phone about a month before, but others who have made an appointment recently should comment on this matter.
John

Brit Chick

Post by Brit Chick » Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:04 pm

Impressed at the prompt reply, thanks John. Knowing a firm date really helps clear matters up as I was getting different dates each time I worked it out.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:20 am

Has your husband passed the Life in the UK test (KOL) needed for ILR.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:56 am

Brit Chick wrote:Impressed at the prompt reply, thanks John. Knowing a firm date really helps clear matters up as I was getting different dates each time I worked it out.
It's quite easy if you note that 28 days = 4 weeks.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Brit Chick

Post by Brit Chick » Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:26 am

Yes he's passed the test, just waiting till October now to apply for ILR.

Vinny, I wasn't sure whether 28 days was just a straight 28 days or whether it was 28 working days etc etc. Thanks for the clarification though.