ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for British citizenship with only 3 months left for expiry on the current Indian passport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

freespirit123
Newly Registered

Applying for British citizenship with only 3 months left for expiry on the current Indian passport

Post by freespirit123 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:39 am

Hello.
I am applying for British citizenship for my wife through spouse dependant route by end of this month. My wife’s current passport expires in Mid January next year (2020). Would it be an issue if an approval time for the British citizenship elapses over the validity of her passport? Should we renew her passport before making an application?
Thanks for your answers.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Applying for British citizenship with only 3 months left for expiry on the current Indian passport

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:15 am

Does your spouse hold ILR??

Your previous posts in 2017 suggest you were on the Tier 2 General route, but unclear about your spouse as you now state 'spouse dependent route' :!:
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mteja
United Kingdom

Re: Applying for British citizenship with only 3 months left for expiry on the current Indian passport

Post by mteja » Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:24 pm

If i was you i would apply for a new passport just incase the three months elapses before your wife gets her BC.
togetherness as one