ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Getting married in uk

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ferrarilondon
Member of Standing

Getting married in uk

Post by ferrarilondon » Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:58 am

Hi all,
Let me introduce myself first. ia m an international student currently studying in england. my current leave to remain expires in July 2009. i recently got married to a uk national to whom ia m living with. this marriage ( NIkah ) was performed by a Nikah registrar and was held in England. i know this marriage is not recognised in UK as i have to obtain Coa and get married at registrar office.
Now last year around june/ july i applied for COA to get married with my EX and i was issued one by Home office. but due to unforseen circumstances my ex had to leave this country and we broke up before we even applied at registrar office. i returned the COA to the home office.
my question is today that would it be difficult to obtain COA again even though i have proof that this marriage is genuine eg nikah certificate marriage photos, videos, guests over 500 plus etc. please let me know what is the procedure as i am very worried.
Regards

chuggletops
Newly Registered

Post by chuggletops » Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:54 pm

You have three options:
1. Reapply for a CoA and be totally honest about your previous relationship.
2. Get married lawfully overseas and apply to enter as a spouse.
3. Get married in the Church of England where you don't need a CoA.

ferrarilondon
Member of Standing

re getting married in uk

Post by ferrarilondon » Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:58 am

ANy other suggestions please