ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Biometric Letter

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tier1lah1

Biometric Letter

Post by tier1lah1 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:42 pm

I submitted my ILR (Tier 1 Entrepreneur) application 2 weeks ago. Today, I received an email asking me to go to post office to have my Biometric taken within 15 working days from the letter. However I did not receive any Biometric letter. Any advice on what I should do or who to contact for the Biometric letter? Or should the Biometric be done when the scanning of the documents is done? My appointment for the scanning of the documents is not done yet due to long queue to get a date.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Biometric Letter

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:49 pm

tier1lah1 wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:42 pm
I submitted my ILR (Tier 1 Entrepreneur) application 2 weeks ago. Today, I received an email asking me to go to post office to have my Biometric taken within 15 working days from the letter. However I did not receive any Biometric letter. Any advice on what I should do or who to contact for the Biometric letter? Or should the Biometric be done when the scanning of the documents is done? My appointment for the scanning of the documents is not done yet due to long queue to get a date.
These letters are sent out in error. There is no biometrics at the post office anymore. You have to attend the UKVCAS appointment to provide your biometrics. You must book an appointment before the date mentioned on your further actions page Step 7.
Usually its 45 working days.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

tier1lah1

Post by tier1lah1 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:27 pm

Thank you.

ssilr
United Kingdom

Post by ssilr » Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:37 pm

Hi Tier1lah1,

I too had the same scenario. Received similar email. I just rang HO but they did not had a clue when i explained about the email. they asked me to reply to the email that am going to attend Biometric on my appointment date at Sopra steria centre which I did attend later on.

I echo with Cullinan's view.

Regards,
SSilr

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:42 pm

They are sent by error. Ignore them and simply attend your UKVCAS appointment
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice