ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for Tier 1 on my own or through an agency

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

krantik
Newly Registered

Applying for Tier 1 on my own or through an agency

Post by krantik » Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:58 pm

Hi,

Am thinking of applying for a Tier 1 General visa (I have the required points). Is it feasible to do this directly or should I go through an agency.

There is a lot of paperwork involved and am not sure I have 100% (stuff like 12 consecutive pay slips in the UK - probably have some gaps).

Is it better to have an agency compile the forms etc. The cost is more than double when I go with an agency.

Thanks in advance,

hm
Newly Registered

Post by hm » Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:22 pm

agency is not advisable unless u r too busy

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:13 pm

Do you think agency will provide you with documentary evidence that you do not have??? e.g.- the missing payslips. Even if you go through an agency, *you* will have to provide all the documentary evidence. All the agency is going to do is file the application for you .. nothing more ... and charge you for it!! :lol:

Remember you are applying for a immigration scheme meant for *highly skilled* indivduals. Tier 1 application is no rocket science!

:roll:
regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

krantik
Newly Registered

Post by krantik » Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:55 pm

Thanks folks.
Am sure that I'll be able to manage on my own - it does save me some money.

Also it seems to me that this forum has all the help that I can need if I have some doubts on the policy guide and documentations.

Thanks again.

krantik
Newly Registered

Follow Up Query on Tier 1

Post by krantik » Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:18 am

Hi,

Another query I had (amongst many more to follow) is that how is the number of months I have been in the UK decided?

For example: I first came to the UK in May 07 and was transferred back in Jan 08 but came back in Feb 08 again on a new assignement (but on same WP). So can I now claim that I have been in the UK for more than 12 months?

Thanks,

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:00 pm

Before you start posting queries, suggest you read the Tier 1 Policy guidance *carefully* and understand the rules.

regards

rajesh9pl
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Follow Up Query on Tier 1

Post by rajesh9pl » Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:44 pm

krantik wrote:Hi,

Another query I had (amongst many more to follow) is that how is the number of months I have been in the UK decided?

For example: I first came to the UK in May 07 and was transferred back in Jan 08 but came back in Feb 08 again on a new assignement (but on same WP). So can I now claim that I have been in the UK for more than 12 months?

Thanks,
May I please know why do you want to claim you have been in UK for 12 months?

IF you meant the lower limit required to qualify Maintenance section then I understand ff someone has been away less than 90 days and has returned on same visa CAN claim he has been in UK for 12 month. I would urge others to post their opinion if this is original query.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Follow Up Query on Tier 1

Post by geriatrix » Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:48 pm

As long as UK is the country of legal residence and the applicant is not in breach of UK immigration laws, I believe one can apply for Tier 1 visa irrrespective of when he/she entered the UK. And as long as you apply from within the UK, you are only required to provide evidence of 800 pounds (for self) ... and AFAIK this is irrespective of how long you have stayed in UK before the date of application.

regards