ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Section 60 'Stop and Search', do we need to mention in naturalisation application ?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

abhishek.gite446

Section 60 'Stop and Search', do we need to mention in naturalisation application ?

Post by abhishek.gite446 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:47 am

Hi,

I am planning to apply for my naturalisation application this week. I am confused if I should mention a 'Stop and Search' which happened with me 2 months back. The situation was I was driving under the speed limit and a police van stopped me which I initially mistook it as an ambulance hence stopped, coincidently in front of a hospital entrance and the van stopped behind me, hence I took my car little bit (Couple of yards) ahead thinking the ambulance might want to get in the hospital but I believe the police van misunderstood that I am getting away.

After that cops searched me, checked my driving licence and checked my car and asked me where I was coming from. Cops explained me that this search is for Section 60 (i.e.Stop and Search), they just took my details down and did not give me anything (Eg. Receipt or any proof).

Can anyone tell me if I have to mention this in Naturalisation application, will it affect my good character clause ?

Thanks in advance

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Section 60 'Stop and Search', do we need to mention in naturalisation application ?

Post by zimba » Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:42 pm

it has no effect
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice