ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dazzle

Family application

Post by dazzle » Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:49 am

Hello all,
I would really appreciate some guidance please.

My wife has ILR. Last year we brought her daughter to the UK, who now has Indefinite Leave to Enter and a BRP. She has been here since September 2018. She is now 17 years old. The biological father hasn't been seen since her birth.

In November my wife will be applying for British citizenship. I was reading the guidance MN1 and it says that a child can be included as part of a "family application" for British citizenship.

But then on the application pages it says "You must apply separately for your children - you cannot include them in your own application."

So how is a "family application" made as per the MN1 guidance?

Thank you in advance :)

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Family application

Post by zimba » Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:24 pm

Note that child registration for over 13 requires at least 2 years residence in the UK. She will complete this by Sep 2020
By that time if she is 18, she must apply under AN on her own to naturalise as an adult
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

dazzle

Re: Family application

Post by dazzle » Thu Oct 17, 2019 5:28 pm

Thanks v much for the reply.
In September she will be 17 years and 11 months.
Hopefully her mother will already have BC by then.
Will we still be able to apply to register her, as a sole application?