ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Successful ILR with Traffic Offence

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rkmtrk
Newly Registered
India

ILR on 5 years Tier2 General route (Conviction for Speeding)

Post by rkmtrk » Sun Sep 01, 2019 1:48 pm

Hi All,

I made a mistake of speeding 51 on a 30 road, and was called to court and given 5 points and £210 fine, this happened in 01/2019. I requested a basic Disclosure in Scotland and this was mentioned in Convictions. I am now worried as i am due to apply my ILR, will this affect my chances of getting approved?

In the application which category should i enter this details in?

At any time have you ever had any of the following, in the UK or in another country?
A criminal conviction
A penalty for a driving offence, for example disqualification for speeding or no motor insurance

I am planning to go for a super priority service, can you suggest what i need to do in order to have high chances of getting my ILR approved?

Thanks in Advance

bizman
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR on 5 years Tier2 General route (Conviction for Speeding)

Post by bizman » Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:36 pm

When are you due to apply?
Bizman

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR on 5 years Tier2 General route (Conviction for Speeding)

Post by zimba » Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:07 pm

Not all criminal convictions go on your criminal record. Only recordable ones go on that record. Speeding on its own is not a recordable offence so it doesn't go on your criminal record. Simply declare this under driving offences but it should have no effect
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

rkmtrk
Newly Registered
India

Successful ILR with Traffic Offence

Post by rkmtrk » Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:40 pm

Hi All,

Massive thanks to this forum for indirectly helping me with my ILR application,

My situation was complex because in Sept 2018, i made a mistake of speeding in Scotland, i was driving on a 60 mph road which had towns in between, and i didn't slow at one point and i was caught doing 51 in a 30 limit road. I was so unlucky that 51 and above on a 30 mph road is automatically sent to court by police, anything below that is issued a FPN. So i received court letters, pleaded guilty by post and i received 5 penalty points and £210 fine.

Immigration wise, i joined my present company in 2012 via PSW route and moved to Tier 2 in 2013, i was eligible for ILR in October 2018, but i didn't meet the salary threshold, i had a promotion and a salary increase at the end of the year for me to reach the threshold.

I requested a Basic Disclosure from Disclosure Scotland to see if the above conviction is showing on it and to my shock it did. By now i was certain that i would have to head back to my country after my Tier 2 as i didn't have time to wait 2 years for that conviction to go out of my record. I was going mad, stressed out and scanned everywhere on this forum to see if anyone successfully got their ILR with driving offence, I've seen many posts but all of them said when they requested SAR the conviction didn't show up, I came up on a thread which differentiates between report from Disclosure Scotland and checks from PNC, So basically Disclosure scotland shows up even a small litter offence commited in scotland, it has details from every scottish court which is not necessarily in PNC.

With this confidence i applied for my ILR Set(O) super priority on 14/10/2019 and biometrics on 16/10/2019. I received my approval email this morning at 11:52 am. Super relieved and happy with the outcome.

I was stressed out every single day since the court conviction and how it could affect my ILR, and i would be happy to help anyone in similar boat with your questions. Thanks all, now countdown to naturalization :D

ogogzy
United Kingdom

Re: Successful ILR with Traffic Offence

Post by ogogzy » Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:36 am

rkmtrk wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:40 pm
Hi All,

My situation was complex because in Sept 2018, i made a mistake of speeding in Scotland, i was driving on a 60 mph road which had towns in between, and i didn't slow at one point and i was caught doing 51 in a 30 limit road. I was so unlucky that 51 and above on a 30 mph road is automatically sent to court by police, anything below that is issued a FPN. So i received court letters, pleaded guilty by post and i received 5 penalty points and £210 fine.

Immigration wise, i joined my present company in 2012 via PSW route and moved to Tier 2 in 2013, i was eligible for ILR in October 2018, but i didn't meet the salary threshold, i had a promotion and a salary increase at the end of the year for me to reach the threshold.

I requested a Basic Disclosure from Disclosure Scotland to see if the above conviction is showing on it and to my shock it did. By now i was certain that i would have to head back to my country after my Tier 2 as i didn't have time to wait 2 years for that conviction to go out of my record. I was going mad, stressed out and scanned everywhere on this forum to see if anyone successfully got their ILR with driving offence, I've seen many posts but all of them said when they requested SAR the conviction didn't show up, I came up on a thread which differentiates between report from Disclosure Scotland and checks from PNC, So basically Disclosure scotland shows up even a small litter offence commited in scotland, it has details from every scottish court which is not necessarily in PNC.

With this confidence i applied for my ILR Set(O) super priority on 14/10/2019 and biometrics on 16/10/2019. I received my approval email this morning at 11:52 am. Super relieved and happy with the outcome.

I was stressed out every single day since the court conviction and how it could affect my ILR, and i would be happy to help anyone in similar boat with your questions. Thanks all, now countdown to naturalization :D
Congrats mate...out of curiosity...did you declare it in the application form? Thank you

rkmtrk
Newly Registered
India

Re: Successful ILR with Traffic Offence

Post by rkmtrk » Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:00 am

ogogzy wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:36 am
rkmtrk wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:40 pm
Hi All,

Congrats mate...out of curiosity...did you declare it in the application form? Thank you
Yes i Declared it in

'A penalty for a driving offence, for example disqualification for speeding or no motor insurance' part of the form. Always declare any motoring issues you had even though they are insignificant to your application, as not disclosing it could easily go against you as Deception and will land in a lot of trouble.