ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 from US - dependents condusion

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

malimeer
Newly Registered

Tier 1 from US - dependents condusion

Post by malimeer » Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:01 pm

Hi, I'hv submitted app online and gone through Biometrics process as well. I mentioned 2 dependents in app.
I'm gathering and finalizing supporting docs as I'hv to send in 2 weeks after biometrics is done, the Q is Should I send the maintenance funds proofs for myself only at this time or it should include dependents as well.
even though their biometrics are not done yet and I'm bit confused about their process, when it will be done.
Thanks guys

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:10 pm

I believe you should provide evidence of maintenance funds (for dependents) with the dependent applications only. If you do not provide evidence of maintenance funds with dependent applications (a mandatory requirement), they will be refused.

Who is going to do 2+2=4 at BHC if the main and dependent applications are being submitted separately (I mean who, at BHC, would trace which dependent application belongs to which main applicant?), that's the question I'll ask myself. And would I want to take a risk?

regards
Last edited by geriatrix on Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:14 pm

It will help others if you share common information (queries and answers) for people in similar circumstances (in this case, applying from US) at one place.

This is another thread started by you that's intended for US applicants.

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

swami
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 1 from US - dependents condusion

Post by swami » Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:10 pm

Hi malimeer

I have also applied Tier 1 from US, completed biometric and send docs to British Consulate NY and waiting for the reply. I have mentioned about my dependant in myappln but have not applied for her Tier 1 at this time. So I have not shown the additional amount required for the dependant with my appln. I have only shown 2800 pounds. When the dependant's appln is sent out later after you receive your Tier 1 and EC, you can show maint funds for your self + dependant . This is my understanding from the docs available at BHO website.

malimeer wrote:Hi, I'hv submitted app online and gone through Biometrics process as well. I mentioned 2 dependents in app.
I'm gathering and finalizing supporting docs as I'hv to send in 2 weeks after biometrics is done, the Q is Should I send the maintenance funds proofs for myself only at this time or it should include dependents as well.
even though their biometrics are not done yet and I'm bit confused about their process, when it will be done.
Thanks guys