ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier-1 Application From Germany or India

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

makemewin
Newly Registered

Tier-1 Application From Germany or India

Post by makemewin » Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:22 pm

Hi,

I am planning to apply for Tier-1. I am an Indian and currently I work in Germany for the past 1 year.I have got all my Salary Slips and Bank Statements in Germany.

Now I have a question about " Where should I submit the application in India or in Germany ?". When I checked in website I got the following Note
" You may submit visit entry clearance applications in any country but applications for long-term entry clearances should be submitted in your country of nationality or your country of normal residence (where you legally live). In general terms "country or territory where the applicant is living" refers to the place where a person is present in any capacity other than as a short term visitor and has permission from the relevant authorities to be so."

I am not getting a clear cut idea from this.Could anyone help about this. Being a Indian and working in Germany for 1 year in Work Permit,

Should I apply in India with German Pay Slips & Bank Accounts?
OR
Should I apply in Germany with all my proofs except my Education Proof from India & Passport?

Thanks in Advance
Ram

rajesh9pl
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rajesh9pl » Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:27 am

Germany. No doubt. If you search forum then you will find n number of such cases.

In Germany, you will get approval (Stamping) within 3 weeks, but in India, very long wait. In Germany, you can easily arrrange Bank Statements which are not older than 7 days but same is not possible if you have to show statement of Germany based bank in India.

I could not understand what do you want to ask when you wrote Should I apply in Germany with all my proofs except my Education Proof from India & Passport?

If your claiming points under education section then you will have to send Degree certificate as education proof. You can not apply without Passport because visa is stamped on Passport.

sana9
Newly Registered

Post by sana9 » Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:31 pm

Hi
I'm based out of India n working in a company. I'm in usa on secondment from oct 2007. I'm currently earning two salaries(per diem in usa account + indian pay in indian account).
How do I claim my earning points.
If i consider usa per diem i'm not eligible and so cannot apply from usa. whereas if i combine both the salaries or just the indian pay i'm good to apply.
i'm completing my assignment and going back to india in oct 2008.
my question is after going to india can i claim my earning points only through indian pay.

rajesh9pl
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rajesh9pl » Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:18 am

Pasting reply which was sent through PM.

You can apply at either location (India or USA), provided you have long term work permit in USA, which you have.

Your earning calculation will not be done based on the coutry you are applying in. It will be based on the location where you earned.

During onsite, you earned in Indian part of salary being based in USA. Hence, while calculating your CAN NOT use Uplift ratio.

Calculation Formula = USA SAL * GBP conversion Rate + Indian Salary * GBP Conversion rate

Hope I addressed your queries.

vimukt
Newly Registered

Suggestions pls

Post by vimukt » Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:20 am

Hi,

I need to file HSMP from India and I got 85 points on calculations and collected most of the documents for filling HSMP like

1) Marksheets / Degree of BE,
2) English language certificate from my University (Indore)
3) 2800 Pounds from last 3 months which are distributed in 2 bank accounts( Will get stamped bank statement when sending documents)
4) My 12 months Salary slips from both companies( I had switched in March,08)
5) Income Tax return (Form 16) of 2 yrs

Could anyone please advice what else I need to do and how should I proceed further?

Thanks in advance .

rajesh9pl
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Suggestions pls

Post by rajesh9pl » Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:49 am

vimukt wrote:Hi,

I need to file HSMP from India and I got 85 points on calculations and collected most of the documents for filling HSMP like

1) Marksheets / Degree of BE,
2) English language certificate from my University (Indore)
3) 2800 Pounds from last 3 months which are distributed in 2 bank accounts( Will get stamped bank statement when sending documents)
4) My 12 months Salary slips from both companies( I had switched in March,08)
5) Income Tax return (Form 16) of 2 yrs

Could anyone please advice what else I need to do and how should I proceed further?

Thanks in advance .
You need to study Tier 1 (General) of the points-based system - policy guidance to understand what are the supporting documents you need.

1. No need to Marksheets
2. Check Point Based Calculator (PBS) If your qualification (BE Degree) is listed here. If yes, then you just need to supply Degree certificate, no additional evidence (letter from University) is required to pass this section.
3. You need to make sure sum of both the accounts didn't fall below GBP 2800 equivalent
4. Correct
5. I would recommend to use bank Statements rather Tax Certificate. Because Bank statement are straight forward to cross check with Salary slips.

Please post your queries after reading Tier 1 (General) of the points-based system - policy guidance 4-5 times.

Good luck.