ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR m for spouse

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Masterupx
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

FLR m for spouse

Post by Masterupx » Sat Oct 26, 2019 11:28 am

Hi Guys, I am new to this place and forum!

There are a couple things which I wanted other people's opinions and to see whether they have experienced this themselves?

1: I am a British citizen who earns over financial requirements.
2: My partner is an Indian citizen, in the U.K on Student Tier 4 visa. - Visa expires (20-Dec-2019)
3: We had a marriage interview both of us, we both got permission to get married had to wait for 72 days!! - It was quite an intense interview took 4 to 5 hours for both, required all my documents, payslips, passport, pictures together, pretty much everything.

4:We got married on the 09-oct-2019.
5:Applied for FLRM on the 13-0ct-2019 (Sunday). - (Super Priority) - £1852 plus IHS £1000.
6: Next day Biometric appointment 14-oct-2019 (Monday) - Premium lounge - £260.

7: Ok here is the funny thing, which I didn't, when my partner when into scan in all the documents like payslips, pictures together, my company contract, Proof of Address etc.... The lady kept insisting that it is not mandatory for us to submit all these documents, she only scanned his English test, Marriage certificate and passport. I was under the impression that everything needs to be submitted, like financial requirements, proof of living together, etc. My partner continued asking her to scan all the docs but she continued saying that we don't need to as it is not showing in her system, and its more than enough.

8: Since then we have not heard anything!! Literally nothing what so ever from the home office or the UKVI people. We have called UKVI several times, but still no luck!! I am very anxious and worried, please if you can relate or have experienced this before, please please shed some light on us!! :(

WE DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO ANYMORE!!
[/quote]

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: FLR m for spouse

Post by seagul » Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:47 pm

Masterupx wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 11:28 am
pictures together, my company contract, .... , s
These are not needed
Masterupx wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 11:28 am
payslips, Proof of Address etc
These were needed to submit. Visa can be refused in the absence of especially the payslips.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

TanJL
United Kingdom

Re: FLR m for spouse

Post by TanJL » Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:50 pm

Did you pay for document scanning at your appointment?
If not - you should have scanned and uploaded the documents to the UKVCAS website yourselves before your biometrics appointment.

The UKVCAS staff are not immigration advisors or HO staff - they only see what their screen tells them is "mandatory". These include very few documents.
The rest of the documents are on UKVCAS system are labelled "optional" despite the fact they are mostly essential to having your application approved.
I think this is potentially because some documents are theoretically essential to almost all applications whereas others could depend on how you are meeting the financial/accommodation requirements.

It sounds based on what you say, that you did not scan the documents in advance but also did not pay for the scanning service at the appointment?
This is concerning as without these documents you could be refused your visa.
Hopefully you will be lucky & UKVI will contact you by email to request all the missing documents but it is not a guarantee.

If you applied on the 14/10/19 I would not expect a response anytime soon since the processing time is 8 weeks to 6 months we were told at our appointment.