ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Self employed and Working

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

halfpint91
Newly Registered
Bulgaria

Self employed and Working

Post by halfpint91 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:10 am

Hiya,

With the help of this forum last year i got my permanent residency and now a year has passed and I'm about to apply to citizenship! I have a few questions that I was hoping someone would be able to help with :)

1. I'm filling in the online form, but since i've selected employed for my current situation it never let me add that I used to be self employed? How should I include that in the form? My situation is: 2010-2014 student with some part time jobs from 2011 onwards, then self employed 2014-2016, then full time employment since 2016. I've included the part time jobs that I remember and my full time jobs since 2016, however unsure how to include that I was self employed (or that I was in full time study before that as well).

2. My references are both british citizens one work as a nurse, the other as manager in a nice restaurant in town. Are those professions okay?

3. Is it enough as proof of living to send a letter from uni confirming I have been attending full time, then my self assessment forms for the years after and then p60s for the lat 3 years?

I might just be a bit stressed, but it doesnt seem like there's much evidence required, especially compared with the permanent residency application, so i'm worried i'm missing something important. It looks like I only need to send P60s, self assessment form and a letter of enrolment for uni, my references, my diploma and my passport or id? Does this sound right? I had to send a pile of paper for my permanent residence so I'm worried I'm missing something.

I'm from the EU, living in the UK since 2010 and got a PR last september.

Thank you for your help!

aman90
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: Self employed and Working

Post by aman90 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:37 am

1. 10 year employment history question? State ur complete work history there.
No relevance of adding ur student status.
2. Nurse=professional, British passport not required.
Restaurant manager-non professional- British passport required.

3. Definitely less amount of documents but for proof of residence over the past 5 years you would need to send the mentioned as ur passports wouldn’t show entry exit stamps