ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British passport application and PCN from local court

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Tommy W
Newly Registered
Japan

British passport application and PCN from local court

Post by Tommy W » Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:19 pm

Good everyone,

Im thinking to apply for British passport may be after few months. But yesterday I received a penalty from local council court-it was for driving in Bus lane at the end of 2018, but I didn't receive the tickets/ any latter because I moved to another address. Today i payed everything and for last 3 years i haven't got any other tickets.

My questions are - do you think that this will reflect on my application or should I wait 3 more year before to apply..

I will appreciate any advice

goga12
Newly Registered

Re: British passport application and PCN from local court

Post by goga12 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:14 pm

anyone can make a mistake by either not reading the timing sign or not identifying bus lane. Declare it in the application but one PCN does ot mean bad character.

Tommy W
Newly Registered
Japan

Post by Tommy W » Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:11 pm

Thanks mate!

Btw
*Good evening everyone:)

meneab
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by meneab » Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:25 pm

You can report the PCN, it does not affect your application. But, you do not have to! It only asks for Fixed Penalty Notices (FPN) and they are issued by police, not the council.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Zerubbabel » Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:31 pm

And you are not applying for a British passport but for the British citizenship. It comes with a lot of rights and duties, well beyond the travel document which is the passport.