ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Should I go for Divorce , Fourth year? (Non EU citizen married with EU citizen in Ireland)

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

johnnie
Newly Registered
Ireland

Should I go for Divorce , Fourth year? (Non EU citizen married with EU citizen in Ireland)

Post by johnnie » Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:38 pm

Hi,

I am looking for advise on the following case;

I'm living in Ireland on EU stamp 4 visa, got married 4 years ago with EU girl in Ireland. I was on student visa before. My wife just left the country and she said I'll not come back now. She used to leave before as well (in and out during this 4 years) but this time she is not coming back. She sometimes worked here but not regularly. I am getting worried now, as I have almost 1 year left for my visa to get expired.

Please advise what should I do know? Should I go for Divorce ? since she left already, how can I do that?

Also, I want to travel in next month, but I am afraid on my way back. Should I travel in this situation?

What options do I have?

Guys, please help.

Thanks in advance.

Johni
Newly Registered
Ireland

Re: Should I go for Divorce , Fourth year? (Non EU citizen married with EU citizen in Ireland)

Post by Johni » Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:53 am

Hi Johnnie,
I am in the same situation. My wife also left ireland and I don't know what to do. I also want to travel but don't want to take any risk.
I know a man who travelled in Feb 2019. At airport immigration officer asked him 3 simple questions about him and his wife and let him go. I also know a man who applied uk visa and travelled from Dublin to his country and return flight was through uk but I don't know at border situation now a days between NI and ireland.