ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Pre settled in danger with new changes

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Amirkhan042
Mood:
Australia

Pre settled in danger with new changes

Post by Amirkhan042 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:53 pm

Recently changes are made to curtailment guide on first of October adding euss to the curtailment on page 24!

It says if you have pre settled status and your marriage break down your pre settled status will be curtailed to 60 days!

Now I am so confused with retain rights route!!
Please guide me what will happen in my case?

I am a non Eu married to EU spouse for more then 4 years.. I have RC which is going to expire in December 2020 and I have pre settled status too

My wife is going to separate next month possibly and then she might launch divorce application!!!

Now
1: Do I have to inform them about our separation despite having pre settled status?

2: with according to the new changes will I still be eligible to apply for ROR? If yes how? With my RC?
Will it be still valid when divorce is finalised?

3: if I cannot apply for ROR then what option do I have? I will be in uk legally for 9 years and few months
If I apply for other visa like student or humanitarian right etc just to fill up 10 years legal residency for ilr? or that is out of question because I cannot combine uk and Eu regulations for 10 years rout? One may ask why not because we have transferred our Eu rights to uk regulation so it could be combined?

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... .0-ext.pdf