ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Expedite MN1 application for 2.7yrs child

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

111muhammadabd
United Kingdom

Expedite MN1 application for 2.7yrs child

Post by 111muhammadabd » Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:46 am

Hi

Can anyone please let me know if I can expedite my daughters MN(1) application

Applied online on 20th October
Received Confirmation from Homeoffice on 21st October
Payment deducted on 22nd October
Booked Appointment for Biometric on UKVCAS website and is due for 22nd November

Can I book a premier appointment or somehow expedite this application? My father in law passed away yesterday and we are stuck here because of this application. please help

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Expedite MN1 application for 2.7yrs child

Post by CR001 » Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:05 am

Can I book a premier appointment or somehow expedite this application?
No.
My father in law passed away yesterday and we are stuck here because of this application. please help
Withdraw the application.

There is not fast track service or priority service for citizenship.

Note that if the child has a passport and visa, they can travel. No need to stay in the UK while application pending.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Post by Djsuccess » Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:35 am

111muhammadabd wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:46 am
Hi

Can anyone please let me know if I can expedite my daughters MN(1) application

Applied online on 20th October
Received Confirmation from Homeoffice on 21st October
Payment deducted on 22nd October
Booked Appointment for Biometric on UKVCAS website and is due for 22nd November

Can I book a premier appointment or somehow expedite this application? My father in law passed away yesterday and we are stuck here because of this application. please help
I think the issue here is getting an early appointment at Sopra Steria. If you are willing to pay for appointment and travel, you can cancel the current appointment and book for an earlier one in another location. once you have done the biometrics appointment, then you can travel, assuming the child has a UK visa to return.
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

111muhammadabd
United Kingdom

Post by 111muhammadabd » Sat Nov 02, 2019 1:23 pm

Thanks, CR001 and Djsuccess for the prompt reply. My daughter has got an Indian Passport, but no visa to return to the UK

If I manage to get the biometrics done within next week, can my daughter travel on Indian passport for now (I can meanwhile wait in the UK for her certificate to arrive, apply for her British passport and take it with me and use it when she is coming back to the UK?

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Post by Djsuccess » Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:21 pm

111muhammadabd wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 1:23 pm
Thanks, CR001 and Djsuccess for the prompt reply. My daughter has got an Indian Passport, but no visa to return to the UK

If I manage to get the biometrics done within next week, can my daughter travel on Indian passport for now (I can meanwhile wait in the UK for her certificate to arrive, apply for her British passport and take it with me and use it when she is coming back to the UK?
You will need to provide her indian passport when you are applying for her Bristish passport.
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

111muhammadabd
United Kingdom

Post by 111muhammadabd » Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:13 pm

Ok thanks Djsuccess