ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Life in UK Test - Naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Punguru82
United Kingdom

Life in UK Test - Naturalisation

Post by Punguru82 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:55 pm

Do Non EEA family members of EEA nationals have to do Life in UK test for Naturalisation? Is there any exemptions??. Have acquired PR and Settled status already. Do EEA nationals have to do it as well or there is exemptions? EA with PR and settled status.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Life in UK Test - Naturalisation

Post by CR001 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:55 pm

Do Non EEA family members of EEA nationals have to do Life in UK test for Naturalisation?
Yes. LUIK and English B1 are mandatory for citizenship.
Is there any exemptions??.
Only if you are under 18 or over 65 or have a proven medical condition and exceptional circumstances, with evidence to prove why you cannot do it.
Do EEA nationals have to do it as well or there is exemptions?
EU nationals also have to do both tests, no exemptions other than what I have stated above.

Not sure why you believe those on the EEA route would be exempt?? Citizenship is an application under UK Nationality Laws and has nothing to do with the EEA/EU rules.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Punguru82
United Kingdom

Post by Punguru82 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:18 pm

Thanks for clarification, I also did ask as others were saying if do hold Bachelor degree taught in the UK, or have done GCSE in the UK and passed etc you might get exempted. I didn't think so but needed to clear my doubts.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:20 pm

Punguru82 wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:18 pm
Thanks for clarification, I also did ask as others were saying if do hold Bachelor degree taught in the UK, or have done GCSE in the UK and passed etc you might get exempted. I didn't think so but needed to clear my doubts.
There are TWO mandatory requirements. One is meeting the English language requirement which a UK degree would suffice AND two the life in the UK test. Simply having a UK degree does NOT exempt you from the life in the UK test. You must meet both requirements.

Unfortunately passing GCSEs in school is NOT sufficient on its own.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.