ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Adequate maintenance ‘applicants’ cash savings

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Zephyrz
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Adequate maintenance carers allowance and universal credit

Post by Zephyrz » Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:05 pm

Hi

I’m looking to marry my South African fiancé next year and we will subsequently be looking into getting him a visa to come and live here in the uk.

I’m in receipt of carers allowance therefore will just need to prove adequate maintenance.

I do not work as I care for my disabled daughter and I’m in receipt of universal credit, which includes housing benefit. I have two younger children including my disabled daughter I also have an older son who lives with me, he works full time. My fiancé has no children.

I have savings of 2.5k

Is there anybody who can help me work out of if my income is enough to cover the adequate maintenance part needed for the visa?

mavaas11
United Kingdom

Re: Adequate maintenance carers allowance and universal credit

Post by mavaas11 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 6:22 pm

For Couple Both 18+ :
A – B >= C + Carers premium
£66.15 (Net Income) - 0 (Housing costs) >= £114.85 (Income Support) + £36.85 Carers Premium

£114.85 + £36.85 - £66.15 = £85.55

£85.55 * 143 (Visa Length) = £12,233.65

You also need to factor in housing costs maybe.

I would say you would need at least £12.5k in savings

Refer to: IDI_Adequate_Maintenance_and_Accommodation_Part_8_Annex_F

which has calculations of how much is needed, I hope someone else can give you more info

Zephyrz
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Adequate maintenance carers allowance and universal credit

Post by Zephyrz » Sat Nov 02, 2019 1:01 pm

Hi thank you for your reply.

I wasn’t sure whether they added the carer premium and I also have a disabled child so I understand they would add the disabled child premium too if the carer premium is added.

I worked out that adding both premiums I would be under the threshold by around £63 per week :(

Family of two adults and two children one child disabled and one adult carer.

I would have to find work to cover the £63 but I also have an adult son who lives with me who pays £90 a week to cover his rent and council tax as he works full time, would they take that into account?

Zephyrz
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Adequate maintenance ‘applicants’ cash savings

Post by Zephyrz » Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:26 pm

Hi

Can the applicant’s cash savings (as well as sponsor’s) count towards the adequate maintenance calculation (even if applicant isn’t in the uk)?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Adequate maintenance ‘applicants’ cash savings

Post by CR001 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:28 pm

Depends how much the savings for each are and how long they have been held in an accessible account.

See also link below regarding multiple topics!!

announcements/multiple-posts-will-be-lo ... t5722.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Zephyrz
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Zephyrz » Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:58 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:28 pm
Depends how much the savings for each are and how long they have been held in an accessible account.

See also link below regarding multiple topics!!

announcements/multiple-posts-will-be-lo ... t5722.html
Sorry for my ignorance. I’m not too bright.
I understand savings has to be in the account for 6 months prior to application and have read it can be applicants savings I just need confirmation that it is correct and not just sponsors savings. Because you can only use sponsors income.

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:34 am

Zephyrz wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:58 pm
I understand savings has to be in the account for 6 months prior to application and have read it can be applicants savings I just need confirmation that it is correct and not just sponsors savings. Because you can only use sponsors income.
Yes, cash savings of either the applicant or sponsor can be used.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.