ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

CCj

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Useruser123
Newly Registered
India

CCj

Post by Useruser123 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:30 pm

Hello everyone

I got my ILR in Jan19 and looking to apply for my citizenship in feb 2020 but I recently had CCJ on my credit file in September 19, was it worth applying for naturalisation

Thanks in advance

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Re: CCj

Post by Djsuccess » Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:31 pm

Useruser123 wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:30 pm
Hello everyone

I got my ILR in Jan19 and looking to apply for my citizenship in feb 2020 but I recently had CCJ on my credit file in September 19, was it worth applying for naturalisation

Thanks in advance
Read the good character document
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... idance.pdf
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

clairepf

Post by clairepf » Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:59 am

Yes you should. I got mine even with ccj

Loola
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Loola » Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:36 pm

clairepf wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:59 am
Can you please advise if you declared . Is the CCJ active and are paying it.
Your reply will be very helpful

bpatmens
England

Post by bpatmens » Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:09 pm

Loola wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:36 pm
clairepf wrote:
Hi, I declared my CCJ and the date on my application form but did not send any evidence. My caseworker emailed me for evidence and said she needs all evidence to ascertain if I can satisfy the good character requirement. When I sent the evidence of payment, my application was approved. I will urge you to be honest and declare everything as they can check everything about you.

Loola
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Loola » Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:27 am

bpatmens wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:09 pm
Loola wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:36 pm
clairepf wrote:
Hi, I declared my CCJ and the date on my application form but did not send any evidence. My caseworker emailed me for evidence and said she needs all evidence to ascertain if I can satisfy the good character requirement. When I sent the evidence of payment, my application was approved. I will urge you to be honest and declare everything as they can check everything about you.
Thanks for your quick response. I recieved 3 CCJ cos of Credit cards between Sept and Jan.I've set up a payment plan and paying . I wish to apply for BC in July as I currently have a EEA settled status. I will definitely declare it on the form , just scared I might be refused based on good character. £1300 is a lot

bpatmens
England

Post by bpatmens » Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:03 pm

3 CCJs sound a bit tricky as you may be deemed as reckless as far as good character is concerned. However, as you have set up payment plans to pay all debts, I think your caseworker will look into that as well and consider. I suggest you wait for senior members and the MODs to throw more light on this when they are available to respond.

Loola
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Loola » Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:30 pm

bpatmens wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:03 pm
3 CCJs sound a bit tricky as you may be deemed as reckless as far as good character is concerned. However, as you have set up payment plans to pay all debts, I think your caseworker will look into that as well and consider. I suggest you wait for senior members and the MODs to throw more light on this when they are available to respond.
Thanks for your advice. I'll see what other senior members and MOD says... Planning to apply in June

bob10
Newly Registered
Benin

Post by bob10 » Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:15 pm

Hello.
When i got mine, I had 5 ccjs totaling to around £7.5k.
Before i applied i had settled 3 and set up direct debit for the remaining 2.
I included a statement note about this during my application and attached proof of settlement and Direct debit.
My application was successful.

Loola
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Loola » Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:38 pm

bob10 wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:15 pm
Hello.
I included a statement note about this during my application and attached proof of settlement and Direct debit.
Thanks for your contribution, it has been really helpful and putting my mind at rest. Is it possible to see how you wrote your statement note... thanks again

rahne
Mood:
India

Post by rahne » Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:09 pm

bob10 wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:15 pm
Hello.
Did you have CCJ before applying ILR? or after applying ILR?

In my case, (after gone through this thread), I had done credit check, it says that I had 1 CCJ from 23 months which also means this CCJ exists before applying ILR (Iast year I have got ILR). In ILR application, I answered as "NO" for debt convisions question.

I am planning to apply Citizenship IN 3 months.. If I answer YES, to the debt question in citizenship application.. will there be any impact on current ILR Visa and also Citizenship ?

bob10
Newly Registered
Benin

Post by bob10 » Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:12 pm

I had the CCJs before ILR. I stated it as well when applying for ILR. Then i was only able to settled one. So i stated it and that i have set up an arrangement for the remaining.
Hope it helps

rahne
Mood:
India

Post by rahne » Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:27 pm

Thanks for quick reply.

For you.. It was good that you stated "YES" for both of applications(ILR and Citizenship). For me it is a slight difference (I answered NO to ILR application), if I answer "YES" to ILR application then not sure what's going to happen to my application.

Can anybody suggest me with my case? whether I need to go for Citizenship or not?