ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR after 4 years ?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Mini
Member of Standing

ILR after 4 years ?

Post by Mini » Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:59 pm

I understand that unlike the extension criteria the 5 years to ILR directive has not been reversed post the JR. How illogical of the HO to reverse their stand on retrospective change for one and then leave the other.

Has anyone tried to get an opinion from the HO on whether ILR can be applied after 4 years or applied and been successsful at all ? I am completing 4years (1+3) years soon and wish they would'nt prolong the agony and just let me apply for an ILR instead of an extension for an additional year.

Thanks,
Mini
Mini

try-one
Member of Standing

Post by try-one » Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:02 pm

The 4 to 5 judicial review was lost; there is no reason for the Home Office to accept an ILR after 4 years as they have a successful defense against the judicial review.....legally they don't have to accept ILR applications after 4 years (logic is another thing....anyway)
-------------------------
Life is a journey, not a destination (S. Tyler)