ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Asylum Seeker son got Naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

khalidhaku
Pakistan

Asylum Seeker son got Naturalisation

Post by khalidhaku » Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:56 pm

Personal attn: Respected @CR001

Dear Respected other members on forum,

One of the person claimed asylum in Mar 2008 and got DLR in Oct 2012, his last hearing in Upper Court was refused in May 2012, in between no application he made but got DLR in Oct 2012. He got ILR in Dec 2018. His case similar to my case which I discussed here in forum (I applied my BC but withdraw last month due to same good characters law).

My question is here: His son got yesterday Naturalisation (son age 17 years). Can home office overlook his father overstay period or children case they consider in different way?

Please need opinion from respected members.

Thanks & Regards,

secret.simon

Re: Asylum Seeker son got Naturalisation

Post by secret.simon » Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:45 pm

khalidhaku wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:56 pm
children case they consider in different way
This.

Children are registered, not naturalised. The requirements and the method of assessment are different.

I presume that the child was born abroad. How long has the child lived in the UK? And what was the status of the other parent? Is the child applying for university?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

khalidhaku
Pakistan

Post by khalidhaku » Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:23 pm

secret.simon wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:45 pm
khalidhaku wrote:
This.

Children are registered, not naturalised. The requirements and the method of assessment are different.

I presume that the child was born abroad. How long has the child lived in the UK? And what was the status of the other parent? Is the child applying for university?
Thanks dear Simon.

What about children ages 26 years and 24 years old coz my both sons are that age (26 & 24 years). Can they apply for BC or Registered? and which form for them.

Thanks & Regards,

khalidhaku
Pakistan

Post by khalidhaku » Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:41 pm

khalidhaku wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:23 pm
secret.simon wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:45 pm
khalidhaku wrote:
This.

Thanks dear Simon.

What about children ages 26 years and 24 years old coz my both sons are that age (26 & 24 years). Can they apply for BC or Registered? and which form for them.

Thanks & Regards,
Dear Simon

His son got British Passport.... so, what is difference in Naturalization and Registration?

Please explain.

Thanks and Regards

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:50 pm

khalidhaku wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:41 pm
what is difference in Naturalization and Registration?
Children (i.e. people before their 18th birthday) are registered as British citizens. Adults (i.e. people who have already passed their 18th birthday) are naturalised.

Naturalisation have much more specific requirements than registration.
khalidhaku wrote:
What about children ages 26 years and 24 years old coz my both sons are that age (26 & 24 years).
They are not children, but adults in their own right and must apply for naturalisation after meeting the requirements in their own right.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

khalidhaku
Pakistan

Post by khalidhaku » Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:29 pm

secret.simon wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:50 pm
khalidhaku wrote:
Children (i.e. people before their 18th birthday) are registered as British citizens. Adults (i.e. people who have already passed their 18th birthday) are naturalised.

khalidhaku wrote:
What about children ages 26 years and 24 years old coz my both sons are that age (26 & 24 years).
They are not children, but adults in their own right and must apply for naturalisation after meeting the requirements in their own right.
Thanks dear Simon

Please see my following message and give me some advise;

My wife and children came to UK on 22 Sep 2008 at Heathrow with valid visitor visa and got asylum on airport on 22 Sep 2008 and myself arrived after my family on 17 Nov 2008 and claimed asylum at Liverpool UKBA on 20 Nov 2008. Almost after a year our Asylum application refused on 10 Apr 2010, I appealed in courts (Lower & Upper then Court of Appeal plus oral hearing all was refused. Last oral hearing refused on 30 Mar 2012, in between Court of Appeal and DLR no letter from Home Office for leave from UK (liable to removal) except one letter on 15 May 2012 for providing pictures, we sent all family pictures to Home Office. On 11 June 2012 I got Discretionary Leave to Remain on outside the immigration rules for 6 years route wef 01 Jun 2012 and was extended in 12 Jan 2016, I got settlement (ILR) on 07 Sep 2018 (PSC at Sheffield), I have no criminal records or no recourse of funds during asylum time or no illegal jobs. Me and my wife submitted British Naturalisation application on 09 September 2019. However, it has been brought to our attention that we were not eligible to apply at this point in time due to good character law, whereas we did'nt get any overstay letter for removal letter from home office.

Dear Simon, if my both sons applied for naturalization is they fall on same category?

Thanks & Regards,

khalidhaku
Pakistan

Post by khalidhaku » Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:17 am

khalidhaku wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:29 pm
secret.simon wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:50 pm
khalidhaku wrote:

khalidhaku wrote:
Thanks dear Simon

Please see my following message and give me some advise;

My wife and children came to UK on 22 Sep 2008 at Heathrow with valid visitor visa and got asylum on airport on 22 Sep 2008 and myself arrived after my family on 17 Nov 2008 and claimed asylum at Liverpool UKBA on 20 Nov 2008. Almost after a year our Asylum application refused on 10 Apr 2010, I appealed in courts (Lower & Upper then Court of Appeal plus oral hearing all was refused. Last oral hearing refused on 30 Mar 2012, in between Court of Appeal and DLR no letter from Home Office for leave from UK (liable to removal) except one letter on 15 May 2012 for providing pictures, we sent all family pictures to Home Office. On 11 June 2012 I got Discretionary Leave to Remain on outside the immigration rules for 6 years route wef 01 Jun 2012 and was extended in 12 Jan 2016, I got settlement (ILR) on 07 Sep 2018 (PSC at Sheffield), I have no criminal records or no recourse of funds during asylum time or no illegal jobs. Me and my wife submitted British Naturalisation application on 09 September 2019. However, it has been brought to our attention that we were not eligible to apply at this point in time due to good character law, whereas we did'nt get any overstay letter for removal letter from home office.

Dear Simon, if my both sons applied for naturalization is they fall on same category?

Thanks & Regards,
Dear @secret.simon plz need your kind opinion on my above comment.

Thanks & Regards