ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

marriage of convenience

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

deda1003
Newly Registered

marriage of convenience

Post by deda1003 » Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:30 am

how you doin guys i just wana tell that i know afriend of mine and after 1 year of waiting he got stamp 4 for one year the interesting is that he was married to one of his friends as marriage of convenience then how the doj in irland can know if its marriage of convenience or no thanks alot

robby1
BANNED

Post by robby1 » Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:57 pm

dear, you should be if your wife is not with you at this moment coz doj is checking each and every case very closely and they gonna hamered marraige of convinienc..

knapps
Member of Standing

Post by knapps » Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:31 pm

this is disgracful!! because of these people the original cases suffer and here i must say that DOJ must not get him any visa hopefully next year if it was a marriage of Convienience...You can't trick DOJ now after the EU decistion dated 25-07-2008 I hope that they should check every documents for all 1500 cases and decide based on the genuinuity of the case....tell your friend he made a fatal mistake

malcolmrx

An insult ..

Post by malcolmrx » Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:54 pm

Although, on this forum, we do criticize the immigration services in Ireland, but we do this out of respect to the country we're going to live in probably for the rest of our lives and make it our home. I, as someone who is waiting for his citizenship in this country, obviously consider it my own!. No citizen will tolerate "fooling" the Irish system in any way, shape or form. I strongly advice you to discourage your friend from "frauding" the system. He/She should be honourable enough to respect this country. I strongly state my disgust at your questions and your friend's behaviour .. it's rather shocking .. I'm sure that there're a lot of indigenous people here who would share my disgust! .. thanks for your comments Knapps

ashimashi

Re: An insult ..

Post by ashimashi » Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:06 am

malcolmrx wrote:Although, on this forum, we do criticize the immigration services in Ireland, but we do this out of respect to the country we're going to live in probably for the rest of our lives and make it our home. I, as someone who is waiting for his citizenship in this country, obviously consider it my own!. No citizen will tolerate "fooling" the Irish system in any way, shape or form. I strongly advice you to discourage your friend from "frauding" the system. He/She should be honourable enough to respect this country. I strongly state my disgust at your questions and your friend's behaviour .. it's rather shocking .. I'm sure that there're a lot of indigenous people here who would share my disgust! .. thanks for your comments Knapps
+1!

I might add, if I ever know of anyone in that situation and if I make sure it's a sham marriage I would have no hesitation with reporting it to the department of justice for further investigation! It's disgraceful, and partially (though not justifiably) the cause for a lot of hardship that law-abiding people have to go through.

deda1003
Newly Registered

marriage of convenience

Post by deda1003 » Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:10 am

i realy understand all what are you trying to explain guys but you realy dont know how he suffered from immigration system here and how he suffered to renew his work permit and how they shut down all the doors in his face just so this was his only choice coz he is been pushed to that option and he didnt want it at all so some time you are forced to do some thing you dont want by the way i lived in irland 1 year and it was the worst country i ever lived in europe in making people suffer they dont even respect the humanity of people and in this year i have seen lots of sad stories so going back to uk next week and good luck to you all guys in irland

deda1003
Newly Registered

marriage of convenience

Post by deda1003 » Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:19 am

by the way ashi mashi i red one of your answers in one of the topics and you said exactely when some one asked you about irland and (dont come to Ireland it's a ridulous little piece of crap, its by far the most racisit country in the EU.

I think you're talking crap now. How many countries in Europe you've been too? )

is this what you calling respect for the country you live in now?????

realy people are funny especialy such youuuuuuuuuuuuuu

ashimashi

Re: marriage of convenience

Post by ashimashi » Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:34 am

deda1003 wrote:by the way ashi mashi i red one of your answers in one of the topics and you said exactely when some one asked you about irland and (dont come to Ireland it's a ridulous little piece of crap, its by far the most racisit country in the EU.

I think you're talking crap now. How many countries in Europe you've been too? )

is this what you calling respect for the country you live in now?????

realy people are funny especialy such youuuuuuuuuuuuuu
I don't know what you are talking about, but you certainly have some serious problems in reading department. Here's what I said to someone that was calling Ireland a crap place:
ashimashi wrote:
daniya wrote:dont come to Ireland it's a ridulous little piece of crap, its by far the most racisit country in the EU.
I think you're talking crap now. How many countries in Europe you've been too?

If you're unhappy with something here, it's fine, I'm not either. But don't come up with drivel like that.

And what on earth does it have to do with the subject? moderators?
Now who said what?

Perhaps try and READ (or first, learn how to read) before spouting drivel next time.

JAJ
Australia

Post by JAJ » Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:04 am

Marriage of convenience can lead to expensive divorce.

archigabe

Post by archigabe » Sat Aug 02, 2008 12:56 pm

Eight convicted of taking part in cross-Border sham weddings
http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/fro ... 28605.html

knapps
Member of Standing

Post by knapps » Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:38 pm

i tell you stop defending your friend, if you were a good friend of him you must not have let him give it a go for a marriage of convienience.it is shamful, disgraceful and above all a murder of your self conscience!! Because you you people the real people suffered enough uptill now!! I do hope that INIS must investigate fully your friend case and make a fair decision on him!!!