ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

marriage documents, apostle of marriage

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

century
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

spouse visa for ukrainian

Post by century » Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:15 pm

Hi all, i'm new here,
i have been in a relationship with a ukrainian lady for over two years now, and we want to marry early next year, but she worries now because, she was still married for most of our relationship (she did not lived with him, she was separated, but still legally married)

we have already had a successful tourist visa, i have visited her 7 times to the Ukraine, and she has visited me twice in England.
she has divorced him now, but, would her marriage effect the spouse visa application?

any advice would be appreciated.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: spouse visa for ukrainian

Post by CR001 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:20 pm

would her marriage effect the spouse visa application?
No. She simply needs to provide her divorce decree with an application to prove she was free to marry you.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

century
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by century » Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:44 pm

thanks, she as worried because she read on a forum that immigration for a spouse visa, would declare our relationship not genuine, because she was still technically married during a large part of our relationship.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:46 pm

You are overthinking. She needs evidence she was free to marry you and evidence of a subsisting relationship, ie WhatsApp chat screenshots, visits to each other etc.

Hopefully she did declare in her visit visa applications that she was visiting a partner and did not stay longer than she mentioned in her forms etc and listed you as HO do cross reference information with previous applications.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

century
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by century » Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:56 pm

Yes, we have a large facebook correspondence history, and lots of photo's, and she declared she was visiting a boyfriend on the tourist visa application.
and she always returned to the Ukraine on time, and did not overstay on any occasion.

Thanks. I think this will help.

century
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

marriage documents, apostle of marriage

Post by century » Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:13 pm

Hi,

I plan to marry my fiancé early next year in the Ukraine, i know i need the following documents, a British passport, and certificate of Impediment, as i have never been married before, and i know I have to get these documents translated into Ukrainian.

Apart from a divorce certificate, what other documents does my Ukrainian fiancé need? and will she need to get them translated into English?

also, we understand we need to get our marriage legalized, an apostle, what bodies in the Ukraine can legalize our marriage?

Thanks again.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: marriage documents, apostle of marriage

Post by CR001 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:32 pm

Apart from a divorce certificate, what other documents does my Ukrainian fiancé need? and will she need to get them translated into English?
English A1 test, TB test if applicable, passport, original divorce decree and supporting evidence as mentioned previously plus all your evidence of meeting the financial requirement of £18,600pa. Everything that is not in English needs to be translated by an official translator (i.e. you cannot translate it yourselves).
also, we understand we need to get our marriage legalized, an apostle, what bodies in the Ukraine can legalize our marriage?
No you don't.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

century
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by century » Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:16 pm

Does she need to take the English test before we marry? I thought this was only required after we marry, for the spouse visa?

Also, are you saying we no longer need to get a new marriage certificate legalised in Ukraine, so it will be recognised in England?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:30 pm

Does she need to take the English test before we marry? I thought this was only required after we marry, for the spouse visa?
You asked what is required, presumably for a spouse visa, which is what I based my answer on. She can do the English test at any time.
Also, are you saying we no longer need to get a new marriage certificate legalised in Ukraine, so it will be recognised in England?
The Home Office do not require this, so not sure why you believe it needs to be done. My marriage cert certainly was not apostilled etc. If the marriage is legal and accepted in a foreign country, then the marriage cert will be accepted by HO. Many people do not have them apostilled.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

century
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by century » Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:52 pm

Hi,
We thought we needed an apostle because she has a friend who married a Frenchman a few months ago in the Ukraine, and she had to have the marriage certificate legalise for France

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:57 pm

century wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:52 pm
Hi,
We thought we needed an apostle because she has a friend who married a Frenchman a few months ago in the Ukraine, and she had to have the marriage certificate legalise for France
France have different rules and requirements.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:33 pm

century wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:16 pm

As long as the marriage ceremony is legally performed producing the marriage certificate issued by local union council, registrar office or any competent authority then it will along with English translated copy will be sufficient for visa purposes. For visa purposes you should also have sufficient sized accomodation.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Blighty
United Kingdom

Post by Blighty » Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:27 pm

century wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:13 pm

I plan to marry my fiancé early next year in the Ukraine, i know i need the following documents, a British passport, and certificate of Impediment, as i have never been married before, and i know I have to get these documents translated into Ukrainian.
I married in Ukraine during 2017, and a certificate of no impediment was not required - see https://www.gov.uk/government/news/chan ... in-ukraine

Hope this helps.

iwolga
United Kingdom

Post by iwolga » Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:44 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:32 pm
No you don't.
If you have enough time, I still suggest to apostile the certificate while your fiance is still in Ukraine. It will just be handy for Schengen visas or any other future business. It took me 4 days and 30EUR to have it done in Russia, in the same wedding palace we had our marriage ceremony. I would assume this will be more or less the same in Ukraine.

Once she is here, apostile will need to be done through consulate, which is normally less convenient and more lengthy