ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Impact of entering later than EC effective date

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

T1_Mainframe

Impact of entering later than EC effective date

Post by T1_Mainframe » Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:01 am

Dear all,

I like to know what are the impact of entering later than the stamped date on Extension and later on ILR (Permanent Residency)?

Thanks.

nevadawipes

Re: Impact of entering later than EC effective date

Post by nevadawipes » Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:32 pm

T1_Mainframe wrote:Dear all,

I like to know what are the impact of entering later than the stamped date on Extension and later on ILR (Permanent Residency)?

Thanks.
it comes in to play when you apply for the ILR as you shouldnt be out of the UK for more than 6 months in total over 5 years or 3 months at any one point.

Regards

:)

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:05 pm

nevadawipes wrote:

Thanks.
it comes in to play when you apply for the ILR as you shouldnt be out of the UK for more than 6 months in total over 5 years or 3 months at any one point.

Regards

I beg to differ here - Your ILR count doesn't even start until you enter the UK. ILR count has nothing to do with entry clearance issue / effective date. The operative word(s) for ILR being "resident in UK". So unless you enter, you cannot be resident!

Prominent disadvantages of entering UK after 28 days of entry clearance issue / effective date:
1. ILR date gets pushed further.
2. You will have to apply for more number of extensions (expense) before you can apply for ILR. e.g.- 2 extension instead of the usual 1.

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

rajesh9pl
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rajesh9pl » Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:58 pm

I also want to understand how correct is 90 day away (vacation) rule. Any link please!

nevadawipes

Post by nevadawipes » Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:16 pm

rajesh9pl wrote:I also want to understand how correct is 90 day away (vacation) rule. Any link please!

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

(This is for absence from uk )

and for citizenship , there is consultation going on http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... tizenship/

T1_Mainframe

Post by T1_Mainframe » Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:36 pm

sushdmehta wrote:
nevadawipes wrote:

Thanks.

Regards

I beg to differ here - Your ILR count doesn't even start until you enter the UK. ILR count has nothing to do with entry clearance issue / effective date. The operative word(s) for ILR being "resident in UK". So unless you enter, you cannot be resident!

Prominent disadvantages of entering UK after 28 days of entry clearance issue / effective date:
1. ILR date gets pushed further.
2. You will have to apply for more number of extensions (expense) before you can apply for ILR. e.g.- 2 extension instead of the usual 1.

regards
Can I enter UK on the effective EC date, stay for a week to appear for job interview and then return back to home country for further job serach and re-enter UK within 90 days, will first immigration will be used to calculate my first 3 years and will allow me to apply for ILR after an extension? I know this also means expenses but I have been trying to get interview scheduled in first week of EC start.

Thanks.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:00 pm

T1_Mainframe wrote: Can I enter UK on the effective EC date, stay for a week to appear for job interview and then return back to home country for further job serach and re-enter UK within 90 days, will first immigration will be used to calculate my first 3 years and will allow me to apply for ILR after an extension? I know this also means expenses but I have been trying to get interview scheduled in first week of EC start.
1. Absences from UK have no bearing on further leave to remain or FLR ( read extension) applications. For extensions, you only have to fulfil the requirements of the immigration category under which you're making the FLR application.

2. Yes, your first entry in to UK on HSMP / Tier 1 leave to enter will start your ILR count. As long as you do not exceed the allowed timelimits regarding absences from UK, you can leave and re-enter as many times you wish and still apply for ILR whenever you qualify for it.

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!