ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP on 1+3 category.

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bbkaran

HSMP on 1+3 category.

Post by bbkaran » Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:54 am

Hi,

I entered the country on HSMP issued in Feb 2005. I have extended my HSMP visa for Three more years in Feb 2006. I want to apply for extension before Xmas this year. My questions are:
1) Can I apply around November 2008? Would it be too early to apply?
2) How much do I pay fees, 350? or 700 GBP?

Thanks
bbkaran
[Moderator Edit: No advertising]

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:50 pm

1. Reading this might help.
2. Check Tier 1 - Cost or read this post

Make an effort to search the forum for information already available. Will save you time!

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

bbkaran

Post by bbkaran » Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:20 pm

May be it is not the right place to ask this question. I will ask anyway.

My HSMP LTR expires on 25 Feb 2009. I have work related travel to other European countries in Nov 2008. I know one should have a valid passport for atleast 6 months after return.

Is there any such requirements to have a valid visa for certain months after return to UK.

bbkaran
[Moderator Edit: No advertising]

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:27 pm

bbkaran wrote:Is there any such requirements to have a valid visa for certain months after return to UK.
I guess it depends on the country you are visiting and what rules these countries have in place.

Recently, my spouse was supposed to travel to Spain for 4 days for some business meetings and a conference but the current leave to remain was due for renewal within 1 month of travel. When we checkd with Spanish embassy they said they do not issue a visa if the applicant's UK visa is expiring within 6 months of intended travel date.

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!