ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU5 but the documents

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

griffith
Mood:
Ireland

EU5 but the documents

Post by griffith » Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:25 pm

Hi All,
We have recently split up and going for divorce. Eufam valid for the next 14 months.
I have recently spoken to a lawyer and they have told me to apply for retention of rights which is EU5.
But the lawyer has also requested past 5 years documents like p60/bank statements/utility bills in my name
and in my wife's name.
He has also asked for proofs that relationship was a genuine relationship. (pictures/text messages/travel history)
I asked the lawyer that it is not the requirement of EU5 and these documents are not mentioned anywhere in the application form.
Their reply was that the immigration will verify the marriage and will request all these documents once we apply for retention.

Now, i do not have most of the documents, i can only provide proofs of addresses for past 5 years, p60s but only for the last 2 years, and i do not have access to her bank statements.
My question is that if i do not have all the documents will the immigration consider my case provided that we have split up and divorcing??
The EU citizen is still in the state exercising their treaty rights, and will still be resident in the state at the time of divorce.
Any suggestions or help is greatly appreciated.
Thankyou
Griffith
Stay strong & never Give up!