ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR: Nusery Educaton Grant related to Child benefit?

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

qordjr
Newly Registered

ILR: Nusery Educaton Grant related to Child benefit?

Post by qordjr » Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:31 pm

Hi Everyone.

Please answer my quesiton if you have any idea.

I am now nearly entitled to apply for ILR based on 5 years' work permit.

I have not received any government or public fund so far.

But my 3 years little boy has been in private nursery 2.5 hours per day / 5 session a week since May this year.

You may be aware that it is called NEG(Nusery Education Grant) for 3 and 4 years child.

My question is if my boy is in nursery with NEG, does it cause any problem for my indefinite leave to remain application?

Is it the same as child benefit or child tax credt or something like that?

I have never received any money from local authority but the private nursery did directly, i think, from council. (Before startig term, I have signed on the application for the nursery in order to submit it to council)

The below is information on NEG.

http://www.tameside.gov.uk/surestart/ch ... rserygrant

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:59 am

You need to appreciate that the definition of "Public Funds" in rule 6 of the Immigration Rules does not include every type of benefit paid by the Government.

Accordingly the good news for you is that NEG is not included in the definition of Public Funds, so receiving the benefit of that cannot possibly cause you a problem when applying for your ILR.
John

qordjr
Newly Registered

Post by qordjr » Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:52 pm

Thanks for your help, John