ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent Treatment - Does it Matter?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Boogie
Newly Registered

Urgent Treatment - Does it Matter?

Post by Boogie » Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:43 pm

Hi,

I was just wondering what affect an Urgent Treatment request makes? Does it reduce processing time by any significant amount?

I am tempted to ask for urgent treatment for my tier 1 application as I have recently lost my job (which my WP was based on).

However I am worried that if I ask for urgent treatment, the fact that I have lost my job will affect my tier 1 application.

Does anyone have any information about how much time an urgent treatment request (if accepted) reduces processing time?

Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Boogie

nevadawipes

Re: Urgent Treatment - Does it Matter?

Post by nevadawipes » Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:04 pm

Boogie wrote:Hi,

I was just wondering what affect an Urgent Treatment request makes? Does it reduce processing time by any significant amount?

I am tempted to ask for urgent treatment for my tier 1 application as I have recently lost my job (which my WP was based on).

However I am worried that if I ask for urgent treatment, the fact that I have lost my job will affect my tier 1 application.

Does anyone have any information about how much time an urgent treatment request (if accepted) reduces processing time?

Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Boogie

Already discussed in detail and answered!!

http://immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=29109

nevadawipes

Post by nevadawipes » Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:06 pm

Ho is not accepting any urgent reatment requests unless its really an urgent treatment. If accepted it is likely to process in 10days time as per the response from the forum members.

Hope this helps

Boogie
Newly Registered

Post by Boogie » Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:21 pm

nevadawipes wrote:Ho is not accepting any urgent reatment requests unless its really an urgent treatment. If accepted it is likely to process in 10days time as per the response from the forum members.

Hope this helps
Thanks for the answer nevadawipes.

I know I asked a similar question in my other thread, but here I was really looking for that magic number you listed, 10 days. If it reduces the processing time from a possible 14 weeks down to 10 days then it is definately worth it.

I also understand and accept that they are not accepting urgent treatment requests unless it is really an urgent treatment, but I think that potentially being stuck in the UK for the next three months, with no job, no ability to get a job and no recourse for public funds is a pretty good reason for a request. They want me working and paying taxes, and I can't do that until my application is decided.

Again, sorry for the seemingly double post, but I did really want an answer totally separate to my situation about how much urgent treatmen (if accepted) really matters.

Thanks again!
Boogie

nevadawipes

Post by nevadawipes » Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:27 pm

Boogie wrote:
nevadawipes wrote:Ho is not accepting any urgent reatment requests unless its really an urgent treatment. If accepted it is likely to process in 10days time as per the response from the forum members.

Hope this helps
Thanks for the answer nevadawipes.

I know I asked a similar question in my other thread, but here I was really looking for that magic number you listed, 10 days. If it reduces the processing time from a possible 14 weeks down to 10 days then it is definately worth it.

I also understand and accept that they are not accepting urgent treatment requests unless it is really an urgent treatment, but I think that potentially being stuck in the UK for the next three months, with no job, no ability to get a job and no recourse for public funds is a pretty good reason for a request. They want me working and paying taxes, and I can't do that until my application is decided.

Again, sorry for the seemingly double post, but I did really want an answer totally separate to my situation about how much urgent treatmen (if accepted) really matters.

Thanks again!
Boogie

You can get a better idea about the processing times and effect of urgent treatment on this website aswell

www.spammer.com

Boogie
Newly Registered

Post by Boogie » Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:29 am

Got through to the HO. They have accepted my request for urgent treatment. Reason - I had lost my previous job and had been made an offer for a new job that I couldnt take until my visa came though.