ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How do I get an Apostille stamp?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Pasha

How do I get an Apostille stamp?

Post by Pasha » Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:45 pm

My husband and I were married abroad. We were granted our UK residence cards earlier this year under EU Law. I need to get an apostille stamp attached to our marriage certificate, can anyone advise how I can get this done?

Will having an apostille stamp attached to our marriage certificate mean that it will be internationally recognised as an authentic document for the purposes of applying for a Schengen Visa?

Thanks,
Pasha

carlabeach

Post by carlabeach » Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:43 am

For my document in england i went to the foreign and commonwell office in london you can post your documents or go in person only take less than an hour.
or in your own country you must have a office to do that in my country is call foreign minister

Pasha

Post by Pasha » Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:10 am

Thanks for your reply. Does the legalisation service offered by the FCO include attaching an apostille to marriage certificates that were issued abroad?

Rozen
Diamond Member

Post by Rozen » Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:08 pm

Pasha wrote:Thanks for your reply. Does the legalisation service offered by the FCO include attaching an apostille to marriage certificates that were issued abroad?
No.

Pasha

Post by Pasha » Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:52 pm

Thanks for your reply, I got the apostille at the embassy costed £30.00