ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spanish Holiday Visa Requirements

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

angelbaby5555
Newly Registered

Spanish Holiday Visa Requirements

Post by angelbaby5555 » Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:06 pm

Hi I am a UK National living in Ireland for the last 6 years. My husband is an Egyptian National and we want to go to Spain for a weeks holiday. My husband has a registration card issued by the Garda National Immigration Bureau which states stamp 4 Eufam. My question is does my husband still need a shengen visa to enter Spain or is the registration card enough.

charles4u
Member of Standing

Post by charles4u » Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:22 pm

Posted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:06 pm Post subject: Spanish Holiday Visa Requirements

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi I am a UK National living in Ireland for the last 6 years. My husband is an Egyptian National and we want to go to Spain for a weeks holiday. My husband has a registration card issued by the Garda National Immigration Bureau which states stamp 4 Eufam. My question is does my husband still need a shengen visa to enter Spain or is the registration card enough.

I think u husband might still need a visa ....cus both UK and IRELAND dont fully parcitipate in the EU LAW

But for any other EU FAMILY RESIDENCE CARD, they can travel together or meet there spouse in any EU country EXECPT this same IRELAND and UK who still need an EEA FAMILY PERMIT..
Better to contact the Spanish Embassy and am sure u might need a visa cus lately someone was DEPORTED from the spanish border control airport for coming into Spain with a UK FAMILY RESIDENCE CARD.
Charles4u

angelbaby5555
Newly Registered

Post by angelbaby5555 » Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:54 pm

Hi, thanks for your reply. Tried to contact the Embassy in Dublin for the past few days. Don't answer the phone or respond to emails. Says on the Embassy website that residence card with Eufam is acceptable but after reading the forums just want to make sure. Any more info would be much appreciated.

charles4u
Member of Standing

Post by charles4u » Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:01 pm

angelbaby5555 wrote:Hi, thanks for your reply. Tried to contact the Embassy in Dublin for the past few days. Don't answer the phone or respond to emails. Says on the Embassy website that residence card with Eufam is acceptable but after reading the forums just want to make sure. Any more info would be much appreciated.

In ur case I dont know what to say ...
But I read the story of someone DEPORTED for having this card from UK,and its the both UK and IRELAND that r not fully parcitipating in the EU law and they also dont allow visa-free for other EU country FAMILY RESIDENCE CARD.

Better comfirm from the embassy and maybe get a letter from them saying he or she dont need a visa to avoid any problem cus they r likely to deport the person with this status from UK or IRELAND.
Charles4u

SoloOl
Newly Registered

Post by SoloOl » Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:41 pm

But I read the story of someone DEPORTED for having this card from UK,and its the both UK and IRELAND that r not fully parcitipating in the EU law and they also dont allow visa-free for other EU country FAMILY RESIDENCE CARD.

Yes and it was me:))) Please read the two other topics about this stupid Directive.
Spanish don't know that and don't care. But the friend of mine has being to Barcelona and they accepted.

Today the gave me the visa with apologies koz I brought with me everything: Directive, my friend's passport and this law printed from their web site in Ireland and plus show them my stamp of deportation
:evil: