ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New citizenship act not apply to you? then...........

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

infocat13
Newly Registered

New citizenship act not apply to you? then...........

Post by infocat13 » Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:41 am

If it does not may I offer my advice.............
contact a MP! make sure to show them your ancester in the canadian military or police forces, I have done this.( I have images of my grandfather and great grandfather in canadian uniforms during WW1!)make them feel guilty for excluding pre 1947 canadians from the new law.
lobby the provencial assembly MP to change the provencial nominee program to fit "our" case.

here is an example...........................

greetings to MS. "omitted",
it was nice to have meet you briefly last week.I was recently told by the international students office that a foreign student was told by the PNP office that capilano's university's tourism management diploma did not meet the PNP's definition of a " 2 year diploma".
The university's diploma does meet the type of degree that BC is looking for and it does have 60 units in its program.and it is recognized by the province as being a two year diploma.it does have a summer coop that equals out to a school term and thus the student graduates in Dec instead of the following summer.This appears to be the sticking point.would you assit me please?
http://www.ecdev.gov.bc.ca/ProgramsAndS ... duates.htm
this URL mentions a one year degree requirement.
http://www.ecdev.gov.bc.ca/ProgramsAndS ... orkers.htm
This URL mentions a "two year diploma requirement"
I also have an idea for a additional category for the PNP program.I have been talking to several members of Parliament in the Vancouver area for a number of years about my grandfather who served in the Canadian army during WW1 and my mother who was born in Vancouver before the 1947 Canada citizen ship act.both of them became US citizens before the 1947 act and as such I believe will not become Canadians when the new citizenship act takes effect next spring.I suggest the BC legislature consider a PNP program modeled after the "UK ancestry work permit"
http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply ... ukancestry
(A)Anyone born in Canada but somehow does become a citizen next spring could apply.(not likely I believe my mum can "resume" her citizenship and she is almost 80 and she is not interested in working!)
(A) (1) Any one born to a person in (a) above or there children or anyone born to many generations from people who will become citizens next spring may apply to be a PNP nominee as a Canadian descendant.
(B) This will be a two year test program similar to the "entry level" PNP test program.
(C) PNP ancestry nominees still must pass the CIC medical exam requirements.
(D) PNP applicants who have Canadian ancestors who served in the Canadian military RCMP or as a peace officer shall have the CIC landed immigrant reduced to a one year wait period to take the citizenship test.
please be advised I now have my study permit for capilano university! and its for the tourism managment program there a two year diploma.
I was thinking.......is there a intern or page program at the provencial legislature? perhaps I could do something along those lines in the spring of 2010.
yours,
"omitted"

Futher advice from me would be that the american "GI Bill" and the american financial aid programs will pay for a foriegn school IE canada and australia.from there you can be nominated by a canadian provencial nominenee office............please note a PNP gets rid of the CIC points system so if you are over 50 well go back to school in canada!

So Google the 11 PNP offices look at what they are looking for PNP BC is looking for entry level hotel and reasturant workers and truck drivers.they want BC universty grads.I turn 50 this year so I lose points for this A PNP nominee does not need points from CIC so a good deal!

cheers

steven AKA infocat

cheers!
steven AKA infocat