ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

First adult passport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Rabbit123
European Union

First adult passport

Post by Rabbit123 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:53 pm

Hi everybody,

I would like to apply for my first British passport in some time.
I live in an EU country (dual national) and have never owned a passport from this country. Only an identity card (with which I am able to travel anywhere within the EU)

In the guideline it says I should send any valid passports but it doesn’t actually say what to do if one doesn’t have any. Do I really have to apply for a passport from the country I live in first?
Or could I send in my ID card? That would obviously safe time and money :-)

alterhase58
Germany

Re: First adult passport

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:20 pm

It doesn't mean you must have a passport - explain the fact. I don't believe your ID card is required as that is your home country's requirement. To make absolutely sure you could contact the HMPO: https://www.gov.uk/passport-advice-line
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Rabbit123
European Union

Post by Rabbit123 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:10 am

I’ll do that!
Thanks, from one bunny to the other :D :D

Rabbit123
European Union

Post by Rabbit123 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:25 pm

I just wanted to follow up on this topic if anyone comes across the same question.

My passport application was approved today without sending a passport from my home country. I explained the situation to HMPO and it wasn’t an issue.
So I only sent my naturalisation certificate and a copy of my ID card (which I probably didn’t need to)

I assume this applies only to dual nationals not living in the UK as you would obviously have had a passport when entering the UK.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:35 pm

Good to have your feedback that your application was approved.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.