ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP Approval with old rules. Query about EC

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kck9
BANNED

HSMP Approval with old rules. Query about EC

Post by kck9 » Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:57 am

Dear Friends,
My cousin is from India and he is France for past 6 months for shorterm work through company. He applied for HSMP from France in March (it was before March 29th). He got approval now after long wait. The application was made and considered under old rules (not Tier1). He claimed the earnings from India (but he was in France by the time he made an application).

Now he is still in France and he wants to apply for Entry Clearance. Can you please suggest
1. whether he need to go back to India to apply for Entry Clearance or can he apply for EC from France itself
2. Can u also suggest what is the procedure
3. What are all the documents needed
4. Does he need to satisfy the Maintanance requirements.

I know most of the answers except the 1st question which I am bit confused to suggest him...

Please let me know
Thank you

rajesh9pl
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rajesh9pl » Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:59 pm

1. If he has local residency permit then he would be eligible to apply from France too. Here term residency permit means a long term visa e.g. L1 or H1 in USA, More than year long WP in UK etc.
2. Read Transitional arrangements
3. Read UKVisas
4. Yes

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:03 pm

1. Since he applied for HSMP from France and assuming he is still there (in France) in an immigration category that makes him a legal resident there (e.g.- WP), he can very well apply for EC from there itself.
2. See Transitional arrangements for HSMP. The procedure followed should be standard for applications made overseas but local BHC in France or VAC in France would be the most appropriate source to get accurate and updated country-specific information.
3. Same as above
4. Yes.

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!