ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Proof of Earning- Salary Slip and Bank Statement

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

coolwp

Proof of Earning- Salary Slip and Bank Statement

Post by coolwp » Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:33 pm

Hello Everyone

I hope someone with loads of Tier 1 knowledge in this forum would help me out.Currently, I am on work permit and want to apply for Tier 1 application.

My Indian company pays me salary in India and also salary in UK and provide me salary slips . Besides these two salaries, the company also pays me allowances for accommodation which are not part of UK Salary slips. However my employer transfer the total amount (together with salary and accommodation) to bank directly. In order to claim points for "Previous Earning" section and to prove my UK earning I have the original UK salary slips and original bank statements. For the reason mentioned earlier the amount in my salary slip does not match to the amount transferred to the Bank. The amount transferred to bank is always more then what shown in the salary slip. How can I corroborate the earning from two different sources when the Bank statement amount is always more then shown in salary slips?

Here I would like to mention that I am claiming sufficient points on the basis of UK gross salary + Indian salary ( converted to GBP without uplift) without including the accommodation amount.
Is it that both amounts should exactly match?
Or will it be acceptable to Tier 1 team if I mention the reason for this difference in my cover letter.
I also have the P60 but I would be claiming my earning only from Oct’07 Will it help in any ways if I send P60 as supporting document?

Any advice is much appreciated.
Many thanks

rajesh9pl
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Proof of Earning- Salary Slip and Bank Statement

Post by rajesh9pl » Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:52 pm

coolwp wrote:....For the reason mentioned earlier the amount in my salary slip does not match to the amount transferred to the Bank. The amount transferred to bank is always more then what shown in the salary slip...
If you could arrange a letter from employer or your deputation letter stating you are paid accomodation allowance too then you can explain this mis-match.

You are correct as you are not including accomodation allowance in your calculation as this component is not part of salary slip.

Good luck.
Rajesh.

coolwp

Post by coolwp » Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:39 am

Thanks Rajesh
My employer is not willing to provide me anything. Is there any obligation on employer part to do so?
If i myself explain in the cover letter of my application that i m claiming point on my salary (based on the amount in salary slip) and not on amount in bank statement will that help?

Kind regards

rajesh9pl
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rajesh9pl » Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:57 am

Well, you can apply by explaining this on covering letter but there will always be some amount of uncertainty.