ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visit Visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sauhs
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Visit Visa

Post by sauhs » Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:40 pm

Hello everyone
I was looking for some advice and was wondering if I could get any help.
Background - I live in the UK and am in receipt of carers allowance. I live with my parents. I am currently pregnant. My husband is from Pakistan. He is currently living/working and studying in Pakistan. At the moment he does not want to apply for a spouse visa and settle in the UK as he is still studying in Pakistan and has a good job. After I got married to him in Pakistan I stayed there a while and now I am living in the UK as I felt it would be more comfortable for me to spend my tiring pregnancy with my parents and siblings where I can get more family support.
My question - As I'm pregnant I was wondering if a visit visa/ tourist visa would be an option. Meaning that until I am able to take my baby abroad to meet him - instead he comes for a couple of weeks to the UK and sees his child and then goes back to Pakistan to continue his job and studies.
If it is an option. How and when would we apply? Would I have to meet any requirements e.g. income/ housing/ relationship etc. What does he have to show/prove? Any other points to remember or note? Or is a visitor visa not an option as we are married? Chances of it getting rejected? What is the process like?
Thank You

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Visit Visa

Post by seagul » Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:43 pm

Visit visa might not succeed because HO wont be satisfied that he will return back given a situation where you are a British national and expecting a British child and he may try to claim his right under private family route from UK. Best will be to apply spouse visa for him and since there is no absence threshold so he can keep living in Pakistan after getting it. And may be you get exemption from meeting the financial requirement because of getting carer allowance. Read the following link to know the spouse visa requirements.
https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/partner-spouse
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

sauhs
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by sauhs » Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:50 pm

seagul wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:43 pm
Visit visa might not succeed because HO wont be satisfied that he will return back given a situation where you are a British national and expecting a British child and he may try to claim his right under private family route from UK. Best will be to apply spouse visa for him and since there is no absence threshold so he can keep living in Pakistan after getting it. And may be you get exemption from meeting the financial requirement because of getting carer allowance. Read the following link to know the spouse visa requirements.
https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/partner-spouse
So the only issue would be that HO might think that he will not go back to Pakistan. If he shows his wages (steady income) and currently doing his Masters (with some time left to complete) and some other bits and pieces. It is maybe worth a shot for a visit as its cheaper?
And with the spouse visa having no absence threshold you are saying. I dont understand doesnt he HAVE to then live in the UK? Staying in Pakistan wont it affect the next application or something?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:58 pm

sauhs wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:50 pm

So the only issue would be that HO might think that he will not go back to Pakistan. If he shows his wages (steady income) and currently doing his Masters (with some time left to complete) and some other bits and pieces. It is maybe worth a shot for a visit as its cheaper?
No harm in trying that cheaper route which probaby be harder but not impossible. But try that route first because if you try it after spouse visa then there will be flat refusal for it (visit visa).
sauhs wrote:
And with the spouse visa having no absence threshold you are saying. I dont understand doesnt he HAVE to then live in the UK? Staying in Pakistan wont it affect the next application or something?
heavy absence will do affect the extension because of having weaker cohabitation evidences.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

sauhs
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by sauhs » Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:58 pm

seagul wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:58 pm
sauhs wrote:

No harm in trying that cheaper route which probaby be harder but not impossible. But try that route first because if you try it after spouse visa then there will be flat refusal for it (visit visa).
sauhs wrote:
heavy absence will do affect the extension because of having weaker cohabitation evidences.

Thank You for your help. With the visit visa - I've read up about it and know that my husband would have to apply. In simpler words what would he need to do? What would I need to do in regards of accomodation/finances/proof of relationship etc?

sauhs
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by sauhs » Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:41 am

?

iwolga
United Kingdom

Post by iwolga » Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:39 am

sauhs wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:41 am
?
Hi, maybe worth starting with this one:
https://www.gov.uk/standard-visitor-visa

Make sure that you are able to show good ties for your husband in home country. Statement from uni, statement from work etc.