ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Early etnry under tier 2 and ILR 5years start date.

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

aquinas9
Newly Registered
United States of America

Early etnry under tier 2 and ILR 5years start date.

Post by aquinas9 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:46 am

Hello,
I have been getting so much hints for my visa so far from this site and really thank you everybody.

I am planning to apply ilr via the route 5 year t2g and I founs that my first entry might be tricky.

My first t2g visa was start from 30 Nov 2014 but we enter two days earlier than this (28 Nov 2014) so the boarder controller didn't stamp on the visa- at that time the visa was paper type on the passport. They said next time I pass the boaeder after the visa validate date, they will stamp on the visa. After few months, I had a trip to putside UK and the boarder stamped on the date on my visa. It was Feb 2015.
So I wonder when would be the start date for Ilr in this occasion.
Anybody has similar situation?

Many thanks!

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Early etnry under tier 2 and ILR 5years start date.

Post by zimba » Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:14 pm

For ILR, your qualifying period starts from the visa issue date
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice