ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NARIC letter required or not? Please help confirm

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

maccdad
Newly Registered

NARIC letter required or not? Please help confirm

Post by maccdad » Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:11 pm

Dear Forum members, I received my ILR in January 2015 and am now applying for Naturalisation via the Online service.

In the list of documents the online form adds automatically :

"NARIC letter that confirms the qualification meets or exceeds the recognised standard of a Bachelor's or Masters degree or PhD in the UK AND confirm the level of English to which the degree was taught or researched"

During ILR I supplied my Master's degree obtained in India as proof along with a screenshot from the Points based calculator showing 10 points were awarded at that time.

Could someone please confirm if I still need to get a NARIC letter or am I exempt?

I would rather save £150+£130 fast track fees to NARIC if possible!

maccdad
Newly Registered

Re: NARIC letter required or not? Please help confirm

Post by maccdad » Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:51 am

I am asking since form AN guidance says
"If you met the requirement to have sufficient knowledge of language and life in the UK when you applied for settlement by having a B1 level test you do not have to
demonstrate it again. (People who applied for settlement on or after 28 October
2013 needed to have had a B1 level qualification.)
" which has confused me.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:38 am

If you provided the B1 test for your ILR application then you don't have to provide it again - just select the appropriate option in the application.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

apatiluk
Mood:
India

Post by apatiluk » Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:53 pm

maccdad wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:11 pm
Could someone please confirm if I still need to get a NARIC letter or am I exempt?
You need to have one of the below certificate
a. B1 certificate
b. NARIC Certificate

I think you would have been exempted only if you had a degree from UK university.
The points based calculator has to be supported by NARIC certificate otherwise B1 certificate .

maccdad
Newly Registered

Post by maccdad » Sat Dec 14, 2019 5:28 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:38 am
If you provided the B1 test for your ILR application then you don't have to provide it again - just select the appropriate option in the application.
Thanks..I applied for NARIC

maccdad
Newly Registered

Post by maccdad » Sat Dec 14, 2019 5:29 pm

apatiluk wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:53 pm
maccdad wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:11 pm
You need to have one of the below certificate
a. B1 certificate
b. NARIC Certificate

I think you would have been exempted only if you had a degree from UK university.
The points based calculator has to be supported by NARIC certificate otherwise B1 certificate .
Thanks ..I applied for NARIC.

anujsharmame
Newly Registered

Post by anujsharmame » Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:24 pm

I have the same problem.

The online application is not allowing me continue without selecting the checkbox that I will supply the NARIC from even though the (Naturalisation Booklet – TheRequirements) states below as per the two the section below :

1) "(People who applied for settlement on or after 28 October
2013 needed to have had a B1 level qualification.) " Under Acceptable qualifications

2) "If you have already satisfied the requirement to have sufficient knowledge of
language by obtaining a B1 level qualification and life in the UK for settlement, by
applying on or after 28 October 2013, you do not have to demonstrate it again. " Under Exemption from the knowledge of language and life in the UK requirement

Can some one advise what they did to circumvent this and got there application processed successfully?
ie selected the checkbox and put a cover letter with pointing to the above and got the citizenship application processed successfully

Hoping for advise