ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent tier 2 extension when main applicant received ILR

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

setu_desai02
Newly Registered

Dependent tier 2 extension when main applicant received ILR

Post by setu_desai02 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:33 pm

Hello

I have received ILR on the bases of 5 years on tier 2 general recently. My wife still needs to get tier 2 extension to complete her 5 years before she can apply for ILR. She has been in the uk for nearly 3 years so we would need another 3 years of extensions.

I am filling in the form online but confused about the below few questions. I have already trawled various online forums and there is mixed information on these. It would be great if someone can shed a light with their experience on this.

Is XXX's work in a shortage occupation?
  • Yes
  • No
My soc code 2136 was not in shortage occupation when I initially applied for 5 year tier 2 visa but it is currently in shortage occupation. The Company immigration advisor says if it were them they would answer yes as the question is basically asking with Is; meaning now and there is no indication that the question is about previous CoS. I am not sure what to answer as this has affect on the actual visa fees. Don't want to risk rejection for paying less/wrong fees.

What is the length of Mr Setu Bharatbhai Desai's Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS)?
  • 3 years or less
  • more than 3 years
My original tier 2 was applied for and more than 3 years and was valid for 5 years. so the adviser is saying to select more than 3 years but again this has affect on the visa fees and it nearly doubles for this options. The dependent' visa is anyway not going to be issues for more than 3 years so what is the point.

What is the BRP expiry date? (this is when paying IHS)
If I enter the valid BRP expiry date which is for nearly 6 years I get asked to pay £2200 IHS and there is no option to manually change the amount it asks. I am unsure how I can pay the correct IHS charge (£1200) without putting in incorrect BRP expiry day

It would be great if someone can help with these questions.