ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Seeking Urgent Help for Parents

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Infoseekerrr
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Seeking Urgent Help for Parents

Post by Infoseekerrr » Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:25 pm

Hi,

I apologize if this is not the right forum for the query, I would like to get some advice on regarding my parents. I'm sorry for posting it here as I couldn't find any other forums to seek help, the only reason posting my query here is that my parents are in Pakistan.

I'm a British national and my parents live in Pakistan on their own. My father holds a significant amount of agricultural land which he inherited from his father. After his brothers(my dad's brothers) passed away their children sold their share of the land which they inherited from my dad's brothers. My dad has not been willing to sell his share of the land as he was not being offered a reasonable rate, but instead a lot lower than the current market rate.

The land sold by the children of his brothers has been bought by individuals who are threatening my dad to give up his share of the land for a very low price which my father is not happy about at all.These people are land grabbers who have been constantly intimidating my old parents to give up their share of the property. Yesterday morning when parents woke up, two armed people broke into our house and tried to assault my poor old parents, my mum screamed and dad collapsed because of trauma and all of a sudden sight of intruders. The intruders ran away as neighbors and nearby people came running in after hearing screams. My parents are extremely distraught and scared because of this incident and I'm tremendously worried about the welfare of my parents. My dad spoke to the local police and they demanded money to take any action about this whole incident. Unwillingly my dad paid police money to file a complaint to start investigation which is going no where as they are asking for more money, and advised not to take any further legal action as those people are a part of this land grabbing mafia in Pakistan. These land grabbers know that if my dad is no more they can easily take over his share of the land and there is nothing any of us can do to retrieve our land from these criminal people.

I'm worried about the welfare of my parents and we are definitely not going to give up our land either as it is a valuable land which we intend to sell in the very near future at the suitable rate. Now in this perspective is there anything I can do to help my parents from here? The legal system and police in Pakistan is corrupt and we have no other hope of any legal help in this regard, police is demanding money and just keep telling my dad to withdraw from his application. Is there any help available for my parents? I don't know who I could ask for help, would it be my local MP or shall I just speak to Citizens Advice and see what they say? I'm really upset because of this situation and any advice in this regard will be highly appreciated. This is just a nightmare and a true face of living in a corrupt, lawless and nefarious country like Pakistan.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Seeking Urgent Help for Parents

Post by CR001 » Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:29 pm

Sorry they are having difficulties.

1. This is not really an immigration matter.

2. You would need to either go back to assist them or find info from your local Pakistani community where you live who might be able to help you.

3. Your local MP can help UK residents not nationals of Pakistan who live in Pakistan. Same applies to Citizens Advice.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Zulqarnain

Post by Zulqarnain » Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:34 pm

This is not related to UK visas.

You may want to use Pakistan's recently introduced app Pakistan Citizen Portal to file a complaint against police. The government do often respond there.

It's shocking to hear that you don't want to give away piece of land for your parents life and safety. Stubbornness like this always end up taking lives in country like that.

Choose ONE.

Infoseekerrr
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Infoseekerrr » Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:43 pm

Zulqarnain wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:34 pm
This is not related to UK visas.

You may want to use Pakistan's recently introduced app Pakistan Citizen Portal to file a complaint against police. The government do often respond there.

It's shocking to hear that you don't want to give away piece of land for your parents life and safety. Stubbornness like this always end up taking lives in country like that.

Choose ONE.
Thanks for replying, I understand it's not related to UK visas but I thought I might get any pointers to the right direction as Im quite upset about this whole thing and my parents are in Pakistan.

The piece of land is worth £300000 in British money which are being offered at the moment by another buyer who us willing to buy it but the people who already own the rest of the land are intimidating my parents for selling it to another buyer, who is paying the higher amount even though it is still less than the actual market rate but we just want get rid of it.

It is not stubborness it is about our right. That citizen portal is a whole load of rubbish with millions of complaints unresolved, that country is just one hell hole.

Infoseekerrr
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Infoseekerrr » Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:48 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:29 pm
Sorry they are having difficulties.

1. This is not really an immigration matter.

2. You would need to either go back to assist them or find info from your local Pakistani community where you live who might be able to help you.

3. Your local MP can help UK residents not nationals of Pakistan who live in Pakistan. Same applies to Citizens Advice.
Thanks for your reply, the local pakistani community is unfortunately good for nothing.

Local MP could write to the foreign office which could contact the interior or foreign ministry in pakistan to ask local authorities to deal with this matter seriously?

hashim1
BANNED
United Kingdom

Post by hashim1 » Thu Nov 28, 2019 5:09 pm

Are you trying to bring them to the UK? Sounds like they can claim asylum

Infoseekerrr
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Infoseekerrr » Thu Nov 28, 2019 5:22 pm

hashim1 wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 5:09 pm
Are you trying to bring them to the UK? Sounds like they can claim asylum
No, we just need legal protection in Pakistan and just want to sell our land and move to a different city. My brother lives in Canada and he can sponsor them to move legally from Pakistan, we are just upset and really depressed because of the way police dealt with this matter and also my dad is nearly 70 and he just can't put himself through all the rigours of incompetent courts. I was just trying to find out if I could help them through any legal channels, but so far it sounds like there's nothing I can do to help them.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Nov 28, 2019 6:14 pm

Unfortunately, the UK government cannot and usually will not get involved in civil disputes of this nature in other countries relating to citizens of that country.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Infoseekerrr
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Infoseekerrr » Thu Nov 28, 2019 6:34 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 6:14 pm
Unfortunately, the UK government cannot and usually will not get involved in civil disputes of this nature in other countries relating to citizens of that country.
Thanks for all the replies, it's quite sad that there's no help available for the parents of British nationals who live in other countries. We can't bring them to the UK and can't go to help them either as there's no robust legal system to provide justice and protection. Pakistan is one of the most corrupt, lawless and unsafe places on earth, whether anyone likes it or not that's a bitter harsh truth. I wish I could help my parents in this predicament, if you don't know anyone in the higher echelons of pakistani government, there's no hope.
The best solution would be to just sell our home, land, property and just move my parents away from that stone age country. It is so depressing and a worst nightmare one could ever face.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:47 pm

Plenty of other countries as well in world where similar had/has been happenings especially where a family has no future planning and scattered and not united which other exploit. In the absence of proper law & order the only solution is left which is to find a top party/group/body who privately/informally handle the matter at their set reward which I am sure must be plenty.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Infoseekerrr
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Infoseekerrr » Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:54 pm

seagul wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:47 pm
Plenty of other countries as well in world where similar had/has been happenings especially where a family has no future planning and scattered and not united which other exploit. In the absence of proper law & order the only solution is left which is to find a top party/group/body who privately/informally handle the matter at their set reward which I am sure must be plenty.
It's quite upsetting that there's nothing we can do to help parents in a different country, especially in a lawless and corrupt country like Pakistan. Everything in that country is fraught with illegal, immoral and scrupulous people who are literally like vultures to feed on to weak and vulnerable. We as a family have decided to sell and get out of that nasty and backward country. No wonder why people want to leave that horrible place, and it's purely because of how disgusting and diabolical that country is. We will sell our all assets and get our parents to a safe and civilised place where they can live in peace.

It's actually the third time that they had people break into our house, the first two instances were just people broke in to steal stuff, and now we have got this land sale issue which is causing all this trouble. Wish pakistanis living in Britain could get some kind of a support for immediate family members, especially old parents who are nearly 70.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:40 pm

I have seen many people whose own negligence and laziness leads to their failure of target who in response start blaming others without observing the actual root cause. Referring to your case you are living in UK and your brother is living in Canada so why you have left behind your old parents when you know that they are facing such risk. Trust me if you both return back home temporarily then no one will dare to look on them when see you all together as unity is the biggest antidot of many complex matters. Remember 1 & 1 is not equal to 2 rather 11. Possibly you both have legal status of living so better to return back home asap. If you don't like my idea or words then you can ignore them.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Infoseekerrr
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Infoseekerrr » Fri Nov 29, 2019 4:51 pm

seagul wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:40 pm
I have seen many people whose own negligence and laziness leads to their failure of target who in response start blaming others without observing the actual root cause. Referring to your case you are living in UK and your brother is living in Canada so why you have left behind your old parents when you know that they are facing such risk. Trust me if you both return back home temporarily then no one will dare to look on them when see you all together as unity is the biggest antidot of many complex matters. Remember 1 & 1 is not equal to 2 rather 11. Possibly you both have legal status of living so better to return back home asap. If you don't like my idea or words then you can ignore them.
Thanks for your input, even if we went there we can't do much to help apart from seeking legal help which we don't trust for a minute. I understand your point of view and appreciate taking out your time to state your opinions/suggestions. So far we have sold the land and in the process of legal paperwork to hand over the ownership and transfer of funds. In the next phase we are going to sell the rest of assets, and completely move away from that place.
This episode has definitely made us realise as to how difficult life is in Pakistan, especially if there's vulnerable people facing such predicaments involving property/land or other monetary assets. We moved out of Pakistan for better life when we were young and had never thought about what would happen to our parents and everything else. The best course of action at least in our situation is to get our parents out of that country and sell off everything.