ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Degree and Language requirements for Irish National applying for UK Citizenship

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

newirishman
Newly Registered
Ireland

Degree and Language requirements for Irish National applying for UK Citizenship

Post by newirishman » Thu Nov 28, 2019 6:52 pm

Hi there. I m a long time lurker of this wonderful forum but posting for the first time. I applied in late September and had Biometrics done on 25/10/2019. I am Irish national (non EU by birth) and having 6 years legal stay in UK with all the HMRC tax letters, payslips, employment letters and council tax bills confirming my stay and work history in UK. On my online application, I think i put my degree (from non EU country) as qualifying English qualification along with my life in UK test results, however, I already read in guidance that Irish Nationals are exempted from English component of KOLL, so didn't give due importance to that issue. Today I got a letter from Home office asking me to provide NARIC confirmation regarding AQUALS and ELPS of my degree. I am confused as to degree and English medium of education leading to that degree shouldn't be of any importance as I should be automatically exempted from English component being Irish national and I am fulfilling all other requirements. Am I missing something or did I do any major blunder on my application? There's deadline of 8 days to submit that - Impossible to get it done through NARIC I believe in that short time period. Please help and guide. Thanks in advance

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Degree and Language requirements for Irish National applying for UK Citizenship

Post by CR001 » Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:01 pm

Your error for putting the degree Info in. Ho don't care about your qualifications and the question is ONLY regarding meeting the English.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

newirishman
Newly Registered
Ireland

Re: Degree and Language requirements for Irish National applying for UK Citizenship

Post by newirishman » Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:05 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:01 pm
Your error for putting the degree Info in. Ho don't care about your qualifications and the question is ONLY regarding meeting the English.
So, should I email them mentioning that being an Irish National, I am automatically exempted and I do not need NARIC letter? I am worried that on that excuse they may refuse my application, however, I'll not be able to get NARIC letter in next 8 days anyway..What should I do now ??

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:16 pm

Email that yes and explain you are applying as an Irish citizen.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

newirishman
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by newirishman » Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:25 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:16 pm
Email that yes and explain you are applying as an Irish citizen.
Many thanks. I'll do it now. You are a star XXX