ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Changing from stamp 2 to stamp 4

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

reginawwy
Newly Registered

Changing from stamp 2 to stamp 4

Post by reginawwy » Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:24 pm

I'm on a stamp 2 for over 3 years. I'm getting married next month in Malta with my fiance who is an Irish citizen. We've been looking on the internet to find out what information I need to apply, or change to stamp 4 but couldn't find the necessary information. I even went down to the GNIB yesterday to ask for the information. All I got was being beloved, said 3 times saying I have no residency :roll: I wonder is anyone here can tell me what documents and information we need for applying stamp 4 and what's the procedure?

Thanks in advance
Regina

Ako Dong
Newly Registered

Post by Ako Dong » Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:15 pm

You will have to wait until you are married first

If you yourself are non-EU (you never stated) you need:
  • Both your and his Passport (at least 12 months remaining)
    Marriage Certificate
    Proof of residence *
    Anything supporting relationship before and after wedding **
* A bill in your name with Irish address or a bank statement etc

** Airline tickets, boarding passes showing his visits to you or/and your visits to him before marriage.

If you are in fact Malteese (an Eu citizen), ignore the above.

You say:
All I got was being beloved, said 3 times saying I have no residency
How is that beloved? beloved is a criminal offence. If you dont have the correct documents, it is your fault. Calling people dearly beloved cause you dont get your own way is immature and will not be very helpful to your case.

Read this thread: http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=19441 for more details on Stamp4

Ako Dong

reginawwy
Newly Registered

Post by reginawwy » Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:42 pm

Thanks for your reply. I've had a look of the thread that you put up, that really helps a lot, thanks again. Just one question, would telephone call records be enough for proof of relationship? As I've been living here for over 3 years, there wouldn't be any boarding passes of him visiting me, or I visiting him.

I'm a non-EU, as I stated that I'm on stamp 2 for over 3 years. We knew that we have to wait until we get married, but we want to know what documents we will need to apply so we know exactly what we will need to have with us when we go down to the GNIB.

I went down to the GNIB and asked the question very clearly, (stating that I'm on a stamp 2, and getting married, and would want to know the necessary information that I will need to change my status after we get married) and all I got was I've no residency, and a very bad attitude (putting his legs up, throwing things to me, and asked me to leave the counter while there was no one waiting) if not dearly beloved, then don't know what it's. Residency depends on how you define it. I'm here legally, and have been here for over 3 years.

As a non-EU in this country for so long, I've been dearly beloved a few times, once even I was thrown a rubbish when I was waiting alongside the car for my fiance to lock the car. Most people in this country accept foreigners, but still some people think that foreigners come here to take their advantages.

Ako Dong
Newly Registered

Post by Ako Dong » Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:15 pm

I went down to the GNIB and asked the question very clearly, (stating that I'm on a stamp 2, and getting married, and would want to know the necessary information that I will need to change my status after we get married) and all I got was I've no residency, and a very bad attitude (putting his legs up, throwing things to me, and asked me to leave the counter while there was no one waiting) if not dearly beloved, then don't know what it's.
How could that be dearly beloved. It may be rude. But they could do that to me as an Irishman. I think you should learn the definition or 'dearly beloved' as opposed to 'rude', or 'unhelpful'

I cannot see how the incident in the car is anything got to do with this matter. Maybe it was dearly beloved, or maybe they were just yobs.

You seem paranoid with this dearly beloved thing. You must accept that all people are not nice in Ireland (as in any other country), and just because they dont treat you good, does not mean they are dearly beloved.

My wife was in the same position as you. She was working here for over a year on a green card visa. When we got married, I wrongly applied for EU1 and they sent the whole application back stating as as an Irish citizen it did not apply to us. They also sent us a one page form to fill out and we duly sent it to Burgh House together with copies of passports/marriage licence etc.

Within two weeks a stamp4 was approved, and they asked us to go together to Burgh House with original documents and the approval letter. She only got 12 months stamp4, but does not really matter, she should get 5 years after that. All this is free.

But as you are not married yet, none of this applies to you. Your status has not changed. It will not change until after you are married. Seeing as you two have being living together (well at least courting) in Ireland for some time you should have no problem showing there was a genuine relationship prior to marriage.

Ako Dong

reginawwy
Newly Registered

Post by reginawwy » Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:45 pm

I'm not here to argue with you about dearly beloved. A lot of people had said about the beloved in this country in the sticky topic about what people hate and like about this country. What I experienced, you wouldn't know, and you couldn't feel. I don't feel the need to describe all the incidents I've been through. I've been living in this country for over 3 years legally, and someone told me that I've no residency, lol

Since you said that you'd a form to filled in and got an approval letter before going down to the GNIB, can you please let me know what form is that, and will we need to fill that form in and wait for the approval before heading down after we get married?

Ako Dong
Newly Registered

Post by Ako Dong » Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:10 pm

I think you do not understand my points.

I am trying to explain that what you said they said to you in GNIB does not in any way indicate beloved. It's obvious there must have been some misunderstanding on their behalf or on yours. Its also seems that you went in there only for advice when you could have got the same advice on the telephone (or even more here on this forum).

Also I was trying to point out that the other incident, whether it was dearly beloved or not was nothing go to do with your visit to GNIB. You go on to state in your second post
I've been dearly beloved a few times
when I am sure you meant to say the opposite, and that you were a victim of beloved.
What I experienced, you wouldn't know
Well how would I know your experience, unless you told me. My wife who is asian has experienced 'real' beloved, and although it does not happen too often, it is unpleasent. I have experienced 'real' beloved in London during the bombings in the 80's. But if someone is just unpleasent or rude to her or to me, we dont cry dearly beloved.

Having said that I have seen lots more incidents of class decrimination in Asia than beloved here in Ireland.

As I said to you in my last post the form was sent out to me because I filled in the wrong one. I will look online and see can I find that form somewhere online. The form may not have been an official form, as it was only some details: Name/date birth/marriage/. Maybe you should email them asking for it. Explain you are non-eu married to an Irish citizen.

You have not stated how long your relationship has been going on. If you are living in Ireland and your fiance is Irish, I am sure you would have a lot more than just phone records, even if you were living apart.

Ako Dong

reginawwy
Newly Registered

Post by reginawwy » Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:46 pm

We have been together for over 2 years, however we don't live together. I live in Dublin and he lives in Meath because he works in Carrimacross and I study in Dublin. He has just applied to the affordable housing stating that he's about to marry.

We went to other countries during these 2 years for holidays, but since we didn't know that boarding passes will be needed for my stamp 4, neither of us keep the boarding passes. Except phone calls records, I'd chat history on Yahoo messenger for about half year, Feb 07 - Oct 07. The oldest ones weren't there anymore, maybe expired, and we don't chat on YM anymore since it's easier just to pick up the phone. I also have the email confirmations for our flights and hotels for holidays, as well as many photos which were taken during we were away.

I had a chat with him after your first reply and reading the other thread, we don't know whether those would be considered as enough proof.

Thanks again for the help.
Regina

Ako Dong
Newly Registered

Post by Ako Dong » Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:22 pm

reginawwy wrote: Except phone calls records, I'd chat history on Yahoo messenger for about half year, Feb 07 - Oct 07. The oldest ones weren't there anymore, maybe expired, and we don't chat on YM anymore since it's easier just to pick up the phone. I also have the email confirmations for our flights and hotels for holidays, as well as many photos which were taken during we were away.
Not sure about he yahoo messenger as I know that a history file can be made up or altered.

The phone call records are good
The email for flight tickets will be very good, and am sure you have the actual E-tickets attached to the email, would be even better
The photos taken abroad will be good and photos here in Ireland also
Hotel vouchers with both names is also good
If you went to another EU country, you would have had to have had a Visa which should match the hotel bill if its solely in your fiances name.
Any stamps on either of your passports should be noted.

reginawwy
Newly Registered

Post by reginawwy » Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:06 pm

I've just noticed that I could only get 3 months call history from Meteor website. We will pop down to a shop and see whether they can get us a longer history.

I don't need visa to visit any EU countries, but I would have stamps on my passport. Since sometimes I was the one booking the hotels, and stuffs, will have to get everything together to show that he was with me.

Thanks again for taking time to reply.

Regina

mktsoi
Member of Standing

Post by mktsoi » Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:01 am

Ako Dong wrote:
reginawwy wrote: Except phone calls records, I'd chat history on Yahoo messenger for about half year, Feb 07 - Oct 07. The oldest ones weren't there anymore, maybe expired, and we don't chat on YM anymore since it's easier just to pick up the phone. I also have the email confirmations for our flights and hotels for holidays, as well as many photos which were taken during we were away.
Not sure about he yahoo messenger as I know that a history file can be made up or altered.

The phone call records are good
The email for flight tickets will be very good, and am sure you have the actual E-tickets attached to the email, would be even better
The photos taken abroad will be good and photos here in Ireland also
Hotel vouchers with both names is also good
If you went to another EU country, you would have had to have had a Visa which should match the hotel bill if its solely in your fiances name.
Any stamps on either of your passports should be noted.
Ako Dong.

i think you are right about the dearly beloved and rude bit about the guys in GNIB. i worked in government department for years myself. even the irish came to get services, some can be very unhelpful to the general public in the government dept i work in, so GNIB is pretty bad in a way but you are right, the guy in the counter just being rude.

and reginawwy. i think you better get married first before you worry abou the paper.

m

reginawwy
Newly Registered

Post by reginawwy » Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:50 pm

mktsoi wrote:and reginawwy. i think you better get married first before you worry abou the paper.

m
Thanks for your concern. About the wedding, everything is organised and is happening in 3 weeks time, and that's why we start to find out what we need.