ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Move from Tier 2 ICT to Tier 2 ICT Dependent to Tier 2 General

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

cuckobirds
Newly Registered
United States of America

Move from Tier 2 ICT to Tier 2 ICT Dependent to Tier 2 General

Post by cuckobirds » Fri Nov 29, 2019 3:06 pm

Hi,

Thanks for the inputs on first 3 points. However, i am not clear on the fourth point.

I had a Tier 2 ICT Visa that was valid till Mar-2021. I had converted myself to a Tier 2 ICT dependent before expiry of my actual Tier 2 ICT Visa in Jan-19. This is well before the expiry of my Tier 2 ICT.

According to the Tier 2 point system guidance (refer below), if a person leaves before the expiry of existing Tier 2 , then 12-month period can start early, provided their is a proof submitted with one of the following (Refer highlighted in white).

In my case, while during converting or after switching to Tier 2 ICT dependent, i had not moved out of UK. Thus, i do not have any Exit or Entry stamping to show that i had exited UK. I continued to work for the same employer who had sponsored my tier 2 ICT (only for 2.5 months) ie Mar-19. till before i quit that employer.

Now, PLEASE SUGGEST , WHEN WOULD BE MY COOLING OFF PERIOD ENDS ? AND WHEN CAN I START APPLYING WITH A NEW COS ?

1. DOES Cooling off period ENDS ON JAN-20 ? ( from Jan-19 to dec-19)
2. DOES Cooling off period ENDS ON APR-20 ( from Apr-19 to mar-20 Because, i continued to work with the same employer )
3. DOES Cooling off Period Ends only on Mar-21 ?(As i dont have any proof of leaving the cou
ntry)

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 4.0ext.pdf

" Where the applicant left the UK before their Tier 2 leave expired, the 12-month
period can start earlier than the date their leave expired but only if they can provide
evidence of having not been in the UK for a period of 12 months immediately before
that date. Acceptable evidence may include, but is not limited to:
• travel tickets or boarding cards or passes (in paper or electronic form), but only
if the applicant’s sponsor submitted a Sponsorship Management System
(SMS) report at the time, confirming that their employment in the UK had
ended
• exit or entry stamps in the applicant’s passport which confirms that they were
not in the UK
• a letter from the applicant’s overseas employer confirming the date they
started or restarted work overseas, after returning from the UK
• any other evidence that shows the applicant was not in the UK
"
[/u][/highlight]

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Move from Tier 2 ICT to Tier 2 ICT Dependent to Tier 2 General

Post by CR001 » Fri Nov 29, 2019 4:47 pm

Your 12 months starts from the date you got your dependent visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.