ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation - Surinder Singh - Naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

chursy

Naturalisation - Surinder Singh - Naturalisation

Post by chursy » Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:55 pm

Hello

My wife( Non Eu) has a permanent residence card obtained via Surinder Singh route. I am a British Citizen.

We are ready to apply for British citizenship as its been over 18 months since the permanent residence card was received.

Appreciate some clarification on the following :-

1) Documents required show proof of stay in the UK. How many years do I have to show given we already had the permanent residence card for her ? Also in the application it says for non eu, passport is ok as they can evidence that she has been in the UK .

Looking forward to your response

Fbiboy2002
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Naturalisation - Surinder Singh - Naturalisation

Post by Fbiboy2002 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:21 am

You post it in wrong place mate !

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:40 am

chursy wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:55 pm
How many years do I have to show given we already had the permanent residence card for her ?
As she would be the spouse of a British citizen, you would need to prove her absences over the three years immediatly preceding the date of the application. She would also need to prove that she was physically in the UK at the start of the three year period.

She could have applied for British citizenship as soon as she got her PR Card, as she was married to a British citizen.
chursy wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:55 pm
Also in the application it says for non eu, passport is ok as they can evidence that she has been in the UK .
That applies to non-EEA citizens in the UK under the UK Immigration Rules. Their passports would be stamped in at every entry into the UK.

Non-EEA citizens in the UK under the EEA Regulations (such as Surinder Singh) would need alternate proof as their passports are not stamped on every entry into the UK.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

chursy

Post by chursy » Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:46 pm

Thank you .

I have listed dates in the application in terms of her absences. These can be verified with stamps as you rightly point the passport i not stamped everytime. So what is the expectation here? do i need to share tickets etc to proof these absences.

What sort of documents could i provide to demonstrate 3 years residence in the UK
- Council Tax
- Tax P60 Forms
- Bank Statements
- Payslips