ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent - UK Spouse VISA, question on pictures and WhatsApp messages and calls. Please help

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

coi2020
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Urgent - UK Spouse VISA, question on pictures and WhatsApp messages and calls. Please help

Post by coi2020 » Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:55 pm

Hi Everyone,

I hope you are well. I am currently in the process of submitting a Uk spouse visa this week and I am hoping you can help me answer some questions on requirements please. My spouse is in Nigeria and I am in the UK. I understand the process has now changed and just want to make sure I avoid every possible mistakes.

1) How many pictures can I submit as part of our supporting documents. We have been in a relationship since 2014 so I have pictures covering 2014-2019. Do I need to submit only 10 actual pictures in total? ... or is it 10 A4 pages of pictures that is required, in which case I can add 2-3 pictures on one a4 page?. I have so many pictures right now but don’t want to break the rules.

2) Since we got married summer last year, we have mainly communicated via WhatsApp calls and messages. Similar to my first question, do I need to submit 10 pages of WhatsApp msgs screenshots as well as another 10 pages of WhatsApp calls screenshots?. Or is it 10 A4 pages of both calls and msgs that is required?.

3) When submitting the supporting documents online, is there a particular order to scan these documents in? A good way to arrange them. I plan to scan the financial as 1 pdf file, travel as 1 documents and accommodation proof as one. Would the files be too large.

If it helps, the visa centre for application for Nigeria is TLS website. I am sorry if this has previously been answered on the forum before but I can’t seem to find it and it’s driving me cray.

Thank you so much in advance for your help.

Regards,

Akkk123
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Urgent - UK Spouse VISA, question on pictures and WhatsApp messages and calls. Please help

Post by Akkk123 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:35 am

Hi
I applied from Dubai and also submitted watsapp screenshots and calls. I just started the screenshots from the day we got married and did 2 or 3 screenshot a day and screenshots all the calls.
I then transferred all the screenshots from my phone to my laptop and selected 4 screenshot pictures to print on 1 page but my laptop was not printing the screenshots in correct order so I had to manually put them in order myself by copy and pasting each screenshot to Microsoft PowerPoint and resizing them. I put 2 screenshots on 1 slide in Microsoft PowerPoint and when I was printing it I selected 2 slides to be printed on 1 side of A4 paper and it came out in order and 4 screenshots on 1 page just like I wanted. I printed in black and white.
It took me a long time but it was worth it because they accepted my relationship at genuine :D

When submitting documents my solicitor did a cover letter for me where he listed everything in the pack and we put them in that order.

Hope this helps

Catty
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Urgent - UK Spouse VISA, question on pictures and WhatsApp messages and calls. Please help

Post by Catty » Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:37 am

Hi,

Also applied from Nigeria.

We sent 10 pages of photos (roughly 2 per page). Likewise we had 10 pages of whatsapp conversation over a similar time frame as yours, we did the export file and it was fine. We chose that over screenshots because you could get more evidence in the 10 pages that way, as that's the limit.

We sent the bundle to the TLS centre in London so I can't advise on the self-uploading but I think a number of people have done that in this forum, you should be able to find it somewhere.

Hope that helps

uj95
United Kingdom

Post by uj95 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:59 am

Catty wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:37 am
Hi,

We sent 10 pages of photos (roughly 2 per page). Likewise we had 10 pages of whatsapp conversation over a similar time frame as yours, we did the export file and it was fine. We chose that over screenshots because you could get more evidence in the 10 pages that way, as that's the limit.

We sent the bundle to the TLS centre in London so I can't advise on the self-uploading but I think a number of people have done that in this forum, you should be able to find it somewhere.

Hope that helps
You stated that 10 pages is the limit, where did you get that information from as it’s not listed anywhere I’ve seen before.

Catty
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Catty » Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:06 pm

Here's a link to the TLScontact new process info:

https://static.tlscontact.com/media/glo ... rocess.pdf

uj95 wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:59 am
Catty wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:37 am
Hi,

Hope that helps
You stated that 10 pages is the limit, where did you get that information from as it’s not listed anywhere I’ve seen before.

coi2020
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by coi2020 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:52 pm

Hi All,

Thank you for your help and advice. Visa was granted today, literally 20 days from biometric .... with effective date from 20th February.

Let me know if you need any help especially if you are using TLS website / centre.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:29 pm

coi2020 wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:52 pm
Hi All,

Thank you for your help and advice. Visa was granted today, literally 20 days from biometric .... with effective date from 20th February.

Let me know if you need any help especially if you are using TLS website / centre.
Congratulations. Did you ask the HO for specific date you wanted the visa to start from?

Moon Lantern
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Moon Lantern » Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:30 pm

Hey there, my wife is applying from Pakistan so we used the VFS Global partner to submit our documents- and they scanned everything- even though it was over 100 pages of Whatsapp messages sceenshots! LOL!

But if TSL say only submit 10 pages then I would just screenshot the most affectionate/emotionally loving messages and paste a few on a page of A4 to make 1 page x 10. You should be able to fit 9 or 10 screenshots per page.

I'm not sure if it's 10 pages of messages and 10 pages of calls- or 10 pages of both these in total. I'd go on the assumption of doing more- the worst they'll do is select some random messages.

A solicitor once said that you should prepare this application like you're going to war- you'll be so prepared that you won't have to fight at the end. :)

All the best and let us know how it goes! :)

coi2020
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by coi2020 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:37 am

AmazonianX wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:29 pm
coi2020 wrote:

Hey, I don’t think I did. However the application form does ask when you want your partner to come to the UK and we put in March. I’m guessing that’s why the visa is effective from End of Feb to March

Hi All,

Congratulations. Did you ask the HO for specific date you wanted the visa to start from?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:33 am

coi2020 wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:37 am
AmazonianX wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:29 pm
coi2020 wrote:

Hey, I don’t think I did. However the application form does ask when you want your partner to come to the UK and we put in March. I’m guessing that’s why the visa is effective from End of Feb to March

Hi All,

Ok