ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Ireland Work permit for an Indian national - help required

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

arunkumar.ireland
Newly Registered

Ireland Work permit for an Indian national - help required

Post by arunkumar.ireland » Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:16 pm

Hi,

I am an Indian national currently in Dublin on a business visa (mulitple entry valid until Jan 2009). I have a Uk work permit. So flew to London from India, got my Ireland BV and came here. My employer based in UK wants me to be here permanently and hence want to initialise a work permit. I have the following queries:

1) Can I continue to work in Ireland on a BV while my WP is being processed?
2) How long does it usually take to get the Work permit. Its initialised from UK. Will that make it any better?
3) My wife who is currently in India has to get a dependent visa to come to Ireland. She has a valid UK dependent visa. So am planning to bring her to UK and then submit her dependent visa application along with my Employment visa once I get my WP. Is this possible? will they accept both the employment and the spouse visa based on my work permit together?
4) how long does it take for Employment visa and Spouse visa to get stamped from London.

Any help in this will be appreciated.

Thanks
Arun

esharknz

Post by esharknz » Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:47 am

Can I ask what the business visa states? I know that Ireland will routinely refuse work permit applications on the basis of being on a 'stamp 3', except in the case of dependents of work permit holders (which your wife would be). If in doubt, then please contact them and ask them about being in the country on the BV while the application is being processed. Quite honestly, the safest thing to do is get out of Ireland and apply. I was initially told my status as a working holiday maker was alright by DETE call centre staff, but my first attempt was unsuccessful due to status issues.

The dates for processing work permits can be found here - http://www.entemp.ie/labour/workpermits/. I wouldn't take these completely seriously as different cases warrant differing amounts of time.
My green card took 6 weeks to process (from receipt of application in Dublin to receiving my green card in mail in Denmark) but this was held up by a week or two.

If your wife wishes to undertake employment while in Ireland, there is a spousal work visa she can apply for. The conditions on this are less stringent in that it can be for any occupation and no labour market test is required. I believe the fee is waived also.

I was wondering if the intracompany transfer would suit? A downside with this, however, is that you need to leave the country after 4 years on it or so.

arunkumar.ireland
Newly Registered

Post by arunkumar.ireland » Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:00 am

Thanks esharknz for your advice.I'll check that with the dete.

But I very badly need answers for questions 3 and 4. Is it possible for my wife to join me immediately? Can she apply for her dependent visa along with my Entry visa? Or should she wait for my entry visa to be through before she can apply for her dependent visa?

Also I'd like to know how many days or rather weeks it takes to get a dependent visa stamped. I know that an entry vias for a work permit holder takes about 2 weeks.

esharknz

Post by esharknz » Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:17 am

Have a look at the following - http://www.citizensinformation.ie/categ ... k%20permit

It says something that you have to wait a year before you can bring dependents in on a work permit. Very bad. Is there any way you could get a green card instead? This allows for immediate family reunification.

arunkumar.ireland
Newly Registered

Post by arunkumar.ireland » Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:14 pm

Thanks. But in the PDF for Family Reunification, the third para for the definition of a qualifying sponsor says

"has a valid work permit and is either in full-time employment in Ireland within
the specific skills sectors outlined in Schedule A of this scheme on the date of
application or has an offer of full-time employment in Ireland in the specific
skills sectors outlined in Schedule A of this scheme".

I am an IT professional and that is included in Schedule A. So I hope I dont need to wait for 1 year before I can bring my wife. Please can any one confirm

arunkumar.ireland
Newly Registered

Post by arunkumar.ireland » Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:04 pm

Please can some one help me

HOTSPURS

Post by HOTSPURS » Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:08 am

arunkumar.ireland wrote:Thanks. But in the PDF for Family Reunification, the third para for the definition of a qualifying sponsor says

"has a valid work permit and is either in full-time employment in Ireland within
the specific skills sectors outlined in Schedule A of this scheme on the date of
application or has an offer of full-time employment in Ireland in the specific
skills sectors outlined in Schedule A of this scheme".

I am an IT professional and that is included in Schedule A. So I hope I dont need to wait for 1 year before I can bring my wife. Please can any one confirm
You'll not need to wait 1 year for dependent Visa. It hardly takes 1-2 weeks these days for dependant Visa approval once you get your Work permit. Approach VFS in Delhi or Chennai. You can track your Visa application at justice.ie (a weekly PDF file published every thursday/Friday).

arunkumar.ireland
Newly Registered

Ireland Work permit for an Indian national (URGENT!!!!!)

Post by arunkumar.ireland » Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:44 pm

hey was just cheking the inis site again and was shocked to see that they have removed the clause which says that WP holders and whose profession falls under Schedule A do not need to wait for a year before they can bring in their family to Ireland. Does any know about this? I was fully hoping to bring my wife along with me once I get my WP. Is this a latest update? Please can some 1 help me
http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/WP07000160