ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Please help - British Citizenship EU national but applying with ILR

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

adma
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Please help - British Citizenship EU national but applying with ILR

Post by adma » Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:57 am

Hi :)

I just came across this forum and I hope someone can help me!

I'm a Polish citizen and I've been living in the UK since 2001 - I came to live here as a child. In 2003 I was granted ILR to join parents. My ILR is in my old passport but I also have an original letter from the Home Office and recently received that information from SAR.

I started to fill out my online application for BC with the ILR route and I got to the part of documents. It is asking for the following under "proof of Nationality":
- passport or EEA national identity card
- UK permanent residence card
- evidence of freedom from immigration time restrictions

I never had to apply for a UK permanent residence card, as I thought that my ILR will be sufficient enough.

My question is, can I still go ahead and submit my application for BC with all of my proof of ILR without having the UK permanent residence card?

Any advice would be great! Thanks :)

vaza
Cayman Islands

Re: Please help - British Citizenship EU national but applying with ILR

Post by vaza » Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:43 am

Yes.

ILR is your freedom from immigration time restriction. The only wrinkle is that ILR is lost after 2 years out of the country, so HO may ask that you weren't away for that long since you acquired it. They probably won't, though.