ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU settlement scheme question...important pls help.

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Dannyboy19
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

EU settlement scheme question...important pls help.

Post by Dannyboy19 » Wed Dec 18, 2019 1:24 pm

Hi,

i'm a british citizen and my wife is on a 2.5yr family permit which runs out next year June 2020, however my mother is an EU citizen with a DCPR and has already been granted settled status. Can my wife apply for settled staus using my mother as a sponsor? my mother has been in the uk for over 15yrs and my has been living here lawfully since 2008 of which 5yrs were on EU Family Member Residence card previously obtained through my cousin.

will appreciate your replies.

thanks in advance

Danny

kamoe
European Union

Re: EU settlement scheme question...important pls help.

Post by kamoe » Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:01 pm

Dannyboy19 wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 1:24 pm
Can my wife apply for settled staus using my mother as a sponsor?
According to official info available:
If you’re a family member of an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen
You can apply if you’re in a relationship with an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen as their spouse, civil partner or unmarried partner.

You can also apply if you’re related to an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen, their spouse or civil partner as their:

child, grandchild or great-grandchild under 21 years old
dependent child over the age of 21
dependent parent, grandparent or great-grandparent
dependent relative
So answer to your question is: Not unless your wife is dependent on your mother.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.