ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Durable relationship / civil partnership problems

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Tiktok
Morocco

Durable relationship / civil partnership problems

Post by Tiktok » Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:53 pm

Hi guys how you all doing well
I'm non eu national and married to eu national we got married on Marsh 2017 but was religions marriage only (Islamic marriage) and I applied for residence card and got refused and applied again one month after refusal but my wife was pregnant 3 month and I recieved my residence card in month time and I registered my marriage on the registry office this year

My question is my religious marriage Islamic one will be considered as direct family member I can use it retain rights of residence
Thank u very much for reading ur help will be much appreciated

Tiktok
Morocco

Re: Durable relationship / civil partnership problems

Post by Tiktok » Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:57 pm

kamoe wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:11 am
Furrows wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:25 pm
a) Do we still count as unmarried partners, or do the changes to the law for civil partnership now make it possible to submit my application for pre-settled status as opposite-sex civil partners using the French PACS?
At the stroke of midnight of December 2nd 2019, yours became legally considered a civil partnership in England and Wales.

Report from Equal Civil Partnerships here:
Many other couples will have gone to bed on Sunday 1st December cohabiting and woken up to find themselves civil partners. Civil partnership equivalents entered into outside the United Kingdom automatically became a legal relationship at 00.01am on Monday 2nd December.
Which refers to the latest legislation, amended to take force on December 2nd 2019 here:
(5B) The time when the two people are treated as having formed a civil partnership is the time when the 2019 Regulations come into force.
Regarding your further questions:
b) In case of our relationship breaking down and we count as unmarried partners, do I have to leave the UK?
Not applicable.
c) In the case of our relationship breaking down but we register as civil partners, do I have to leave the UK?
No, since your PACS now being recognized as a civil partnership, you are now a direct family member.
Hi  guys how you all doing well 
I'm non eu national and married to eu national we got married on Marsh 2017 but was religions marriage only (Islamic marriage) and I applied for residence card and got refused and applied again one month after refusal but my wife was pregnant 3 month and I recieved my residence card in month time and I registered my marriage on the registry office this year 

My question is my religious marriage Islamic one will be considered as direct family member I can use it retain rights of residence 
Thank u very much for reading ur help will be much appreciated

secret.simon

Re: Durable relationship / civil partnership problems

Post by secret.simon » Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:41 am

I have split your question into a separate thread as it is unrelated to the original thread that you had posted in.
Tiktok wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:57 pm
I registered my marriage on the registry office this year
While your clock to acquire PR started from the date you were issued a residence card, your marriage for the purpose of retaining right of residence only started when your marriage was registered with the Registry office. You need to have been married for atleast three years from the date your marriage was registered in order to retain rights of residence.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.