ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Super priority service appointment

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

postie-drive
Newly Registered
Cocos (Keeling) Islands

Super priority service appointment

Post by postie-drive » Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:13 pm

Hi
We booked an appointment as part of my wife's application for tomorrow morning, I was wondering if we need to bring all the original paperwork to that appointment, few bills and bank statements are online, hence the question.

postie-drive
Newly Registered
Cocos (Keeling) Islands

Re: Super priority service appointment

Post by postie-drive » Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:15 pm

postie-drive wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:13 pm
Hi
We booked an appointment as part of my wife's application for tomorrow morning, I was wondering if we need to bring all the original paperwork to that appointment, few bills and bank statements are online, hence the question.
Should we print out the application as well? I'd appreciate any response. Thanks in advance.

Happy88
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Happy88 » Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:07 pm

We took all our original documents with us to the appointment but only passport & declaration form were checked & scanned again & non other documents were checked.

They check the documents online & if there’s no problem with them, they submit the documents to the HO.

postie-drive
Newly Registered
Cocos (Keeling) Islands

Post by postie-drive » Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:48 pm

Happy88 wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:07 pm
We took all our original documents with us to the appointment but only passport & declaration form were checked & scanned again & non other documents were checked.

They check the documents online & if there’s no problem with them, they submit the documents to the HO.
Thanks for your response. Our concern was if we had to print out online documents i.e bank statements would they still accept it without a stamp since it's a copy and not original.

bizman
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by bizman » Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:11 am

You can take the originals but it’s really not checked except there is a problem with the uploaded documents. Take your passport and brp, and the the docs, just in case
Bizman

postie-drive
Newly Registered
Cocos (Keeling) Islands

Post by postie-drive » Fri Dec 20, 2019 1:28 am

bizman wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:11 am
You can take the originals but it’s really not checked except there is a problem with the uploaded documents. Take your passport and brp, and the the docs, just in case
Thanks, that's what we're going to do.

postie-drive
Newly Registered
Cocos (Keeling) Islands

Post by postie-drive » Fri Dec 20, 2019 7:56 pm

Hello again good people.
I thought I'd share our experience. My wife's super priority service appointment was booked for 7:30am today in croydon. When we got there &:20am, there were already about dozen people waiting and I thought it might take us a while but luckily my wife was done in about 15 minutes. She said she was asked for confirmation of the appointment (barcode) and nothing else then they proceeded to take a pic and finger prints. About 12pm the same (today) received email from case worker confirming that she's been granted settlement and confirmation letter and BRP would be delivered in due course. Thank you all very much for help, reassurances. Sharing is truly caring. Next stop naturalisation. See you all there.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:28 am

postie-drive wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:24 am
Hello folks,
I apologise in advance if this was addressed before but quick search didn't give me anything hence the post. We received my wife's visa (Biometric Residence Permit) the expiry date on it is 31/12/2024 I thought this was supposed to be for 10 years instead of 5. Is this a mistake? We're in the process of applying for citizenship and if this is a mistake what should be done about this? I'd appreciate your input. Many thanks
CR001 wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:27 am
As has been answered 100s of times on the forum, it is normal. The date on the brp is the date stated by the EU for all biometric documents to be updated with enhanced security features.

The date would be irrelevant anyway if applying for citizenship, which cancels ilr and the brp is returned to ho once a person has attended their citizenship ceremony.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.